ponedeljek, 04. januar 2016

2015 Beauty Favourites, pt. 2 (Skincare)


Today I have the second part of my 2015 Beauty Favourites ready. This post will focus mainly on skin care items that I loved using last year along with some body care items at the end. Reviews are linked for reference. 
My skin can be quite problematic so I tend to use skin care for sensitive skin that theoretically shouldn't irritate my skin. The products mentioned here have been in my rotation for several months, most of them actually for the majority of the year.

I've been double cleansing my skin to make sure I remove all traces of makeup and impurities and I've loved using the L'Occitane Immortelle Oil Make-Up Remover, and more recently the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. I think I like both equally, but using a cleansing balm feels a bit more luxurious on the skin and removes the eye makeup with more ease. To remove either after massaging the product into the skin I use Emma Hardie Cleansing Cloths. After initial cleansing (or as my morning cleanser) I use the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser that removes any other traces of product left on the skin, while leaving the skin soft and feeling clean, but not stripped or dry. Occasionally I also used Jason Apricot Scrub that contains small to medium sized exfoliating bits, doesn't feel too harsh and leaves the skin soft while removing any dry patches.
With masks and actives I focused on hydrating and deep cleansing the skin. Whenever my skin felt dry and looked dull, I reached for the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask or the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. The First Aid Beauty Mask is a quick treatment that instantly calms any redness and feels nourishing without being greasy on my oily skin. The Origins mask smells like mangos and is a lightweight but effective treatment to use overnight or just a couple of hours during the day when the skin needs a boost of hydration.
When my skin is acting up I rely on Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid to help with blemishes, redness and hyperpigmentation. I apply it in the evening and follow up with the rest of my skin care after it soaks in. Another winner for clearing the skin is the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask that is one of the most effective masks I've used so far. It helps with removing blackheads, blemishes, oily skin and gunky pores. More recently I've also added the Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask to my rotation and it feels similar to the Origins mask, but isn't as drying for the skin.
Two hydrating serums I like a lot are the Balea Aqua Feuchtigkeits Moisturizing Serum and Afrodita Hydra Thermal Concentrate. Now that it's a bit colder outside I've been reaching after the Afrodita one more often and I'm currently on my seconnd tube. It leaves a satin-matte finish on the skin, which I appreciate a lot, and compared to Balea serum I use a lesser amount of product. I've used up two moisturizers this year (Green Line Hydro Mineral Day and Night-time Moisturizer and Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer) and they were both lovely for my skin, but recently I've been using the COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask - during the day a tiny amount as moisturizer and in the night time a slightly thicker layer as a seal-in gel mask. It helps to heal any blemish scars and makes the skin appear plumper in the morning. I've also been incorporating the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil into my skin care. In the past I've used it as a body oil on special occasions, but it also works well on my face. Applied in the evening it helps with controlling the oil production the next day, nourishing and hydrating the skin and preventing any dry patches. It also smells heavenly.
Around my eyes I've been using the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado that has a lovely creamy texture that almost melts into a watery cream with tapping onto the skin. 
Afrodita 100% SPA Sugar Scrub is a nourishing scrub I liked using throughout the year. It doesn't feel too harsh on the skin and leaves a lovely shea butter layer on the skin after washing off, so you don't have to use another product after. As a hand cream my most used product was the classic L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream. It has a comfortable clean scent and feels nourishing and softening on the skin without the need to reapply it too often.
Another gem I wanted to mention is the Sandalwood reed defuser I bough at NKD and gives off a surprisingly similar warm and creamy sandalwood fragrance to the Santal Diptyque candle, but just not as strong (which is reasonable considering the price difference between the two). They have several scents available (Lavender one is quite nice as well) and while the scent is more on the subtle side it's still noticeable. If you like the sandalwood scent you won't regret trying it out.

I also posted about my makeup favourites from last year that you can read about here.

4 komentarji:

  1. Paulas's Choice me ful mika. Zdaj sem si naročila testerje, če se bodo dobro obnesli na moji koži, zagotovo kupim potovalno verzijo :). In First Aid cleanser me že dolgo mika, samo cena se mi zdi prevelika za nekaj, kar sperem dol :/.

    Nuxe olje je moje novo odkritje prejšnjega leta in ga obožujem. Še posebej vonj. Ko sem že pri vonju Sandalwood iz NKD-ja, to si moram pa nujno zapisat. Obožujem ta vonj v parfumih :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. PS ima super tekoče kemične exfoliatorje, ki so bolj nežni do kože kot klasični pilingi. Kar sem preizkusila, so njeni izdelki tudi brez vonja, da ni dodatnih dražilcev. Jo pa tudi Caroline Hirons občasno priporoča, ki je skincare goddess v mojih pojmih :) Na FeelUnique imajo trenutno par First Aid Beauty Gift Setov, kjer je tudi cleanser, pa lahko mogoče tisto preizkusiš, ker pride bolj ugodna cena.

      Tale difuser iz NKD je odkritje leta, imam še 2 na zalogi, če slučajno nehajo prodajat :D

      Izbriši
    2. Ja Caroline Hirons poznam in njen sloves :). No če so tako nežni, potem mi bodo pa res verjetno odlični. Zdaj sem šla gledat te sete, sploh nisem pomislila prej na to. Sem gledala samo posamezne. Mogoče pa res kupim v setu mini verzijo :). Hvala :)

      Izbriši
  2. I think we have really similar preferences in terms of skincare. I love my double cleansing and I have been also eyeing Paula's choice 2% toner for a while. Might buy a small one and see how that works out. Great, detailed post overall- love it!

    Feel free to check out my blog also :)

    Claudia | www.maximalista.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši