četrtek, 03. december 2015

Revlon Lash Potion Volume & Length Mascara in 003 - Blackened Brown

A while ago I was searching for a brown mascara and this Revlon Lash Potion mascara was the closest to it from the selection available at the local drugstore. I rarely have trouble with mascaras flaking off or smudging so I went with the usual version (I don't even know if it comes in waterproof formula).

First of all, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging which is too colorful and seems all over the place, but other than that I've grown to really like this mascara and it's been my go-to for close to two months. The formula was slightly wet at first, but after about a week or two it became easier to work with. The shade itself is the furthest away from brown as it could be - on my lashes the first coat has a greyish-black finish, while adding the second one makes them black (not as black as my soul, though). The formula promises to add volume and length and I feel like it does both decently. I do tend to curl my lashes before I use it, to add a bit of oomph to them, and it holds the curl pretty well for good 10 hours. Unless I touch my eyes when I wear it, it stays pretty intact for the entire day, but I do notice some tiny flakes if I look really close. If I touch my eyes, on the other hand, I'll also get flakes in my eyes and they will drive me insane until the time when I get to remove it. It removes very easily and absolutely does smudge if you shower while wearing it/get caught in the rain, etc.
The brush is fairly large and not my favourite because I still have trouble not smudging mascara on my lids when I use it on my top lashes. The brush has an unusual 'triple-groove wand' with natural bristles but I don't feel like it does anything special. The first coat adds definition, while the second one adds some volume, length and helps to hold the curl longer. If I don't wait long enough for the first coat to dry it can make the lashes look a bit clumpy.
Wearing it on my lashes (not curled prior to applying) (the formula was still slightly on the wet side when I took these, so they're not showing it at it's best):
I'd say this is a decent everyday mascara to try, if you don't have issues with mascaras holding the curl and don't tend to touch your eye area a lot.
It's available here. If you're looking for something that performs better maybe check out the Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions 3-in-1 Volumising Mascara from the drugstore (Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara in the USA) or the Roller Lash from Benefit, if you feel like splurging.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar