sobota, 26. december 2015

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 34 - La Raffinée

For the past two weeks I've been obsessed with this lipstick and although it's been in my collection for a while already, I never felt like I really loved the shade - until I paired it with MAC Soar Lip Pencil recently and it became my favourite everyday combination to wear. Often in winter I don't wear anything else but lip balm on my lips, because they can get surprisingly dry, but the weather lately has been more autumnal than wintery so I've been getting away with wearing semi-matte/velvety lipstick finishes without flaky and dry lips.

The packaging on this lipstick is beyond beautiful. It comes in a chic black tube and you need to press the golden interlocking CC's for the lipstick to come out. The formula is smooth, creamy and glides onto the lips easily. The finish is semi-matte/velvety and it also feels very comfortable and cushiony on the lips - similar to Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets, but with much thinner texture (I can still definitely feel that I'm wearing something on my lips). It doesn't slip outside the lip lines and gives opaque coverage with one swipe. Also, surprisingly for Chanel, it has a barely detectable scent.

The lasting power is medium. It usually lasts for at least 5-6 hours and fades away evenly. It won't last through a real meal, but should stay put if you're just snacking. It does transfer slightly onto a glass when I drink but still stays looking nice. For me it can sometimes get a bit drying after 5 hours, in which case I wipe it off, apply a tiny bit of lip balm and reapply the lipstick.
The shade is a muted mauve pink with some brown in it. On me, in real life, it looks darker and slightly pinker than on lip swatches below. I chose a wearable shade, because when I pay for a high end lipstick, it better not just sit abandoned in a drawer.
Swatches:
Both together on my lips:
If you're looking to splurge on a lipstick and are looking for a comfortable formula in wearable, elegant shades with a modern velvety finish the Rouge Allure Velvet Lipsticks from Chanel are really nice. The shade 34 - La Raffinée isn't the most unique out there, but there is something special about wearing a high end lipstick like Chanel.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar