petek, 20. november 2015

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Cruella'

NARS has slowly been winning me over with every product I get from them and their Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Cruella' is no exception. A combination of a lipstick and lip pencil makes for precise and easy application in a convenient jumbo pencil that is easy to sharpen with minimal-to-no waste.

The formula of NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is enriched with vitamin E and silicone creating a combination that doesn't feel drying even on my lips that are very prone to being dried out from using (matte) lipsticks. The formula is quite creamy considering this has a velvety matte finish and glides on the lips with ease. Since it comes in a pencil form it's really easy to apply all over the lips, used as a lip liner or a base/stain for gloss or some other lip product. It's very pigmented and is opaque in one swipe.
The color applies darker that what it appears in the photos here and is a perfect deepened cool toned red and I think it would look complimentary on many different skin tones. The shade itself is slightly too bold for me to wear on a daily basis, but I love applying it as a pop of color on the lips for special occasions. The wear time is quite impressive, because I have a hard time wearing bolder lip shades without them disappearing into the unknown or completely drying out my lips. This one easily stays on my lips for everywhere between 6-8 hours, without setting into the lip lines too noticeably. I wore it through a long several course Sunday lunch once and was surprised that it stayed pretty much intact throughout the end. And even when the color starts to fade away slightly it still leaves a rich deepened red stain behind. I really like the fact that that the color doesn't transfer onto a glass when I drink, but it will transfer if you touch the lips with your palm or fingers.
Comparison swatches:
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 725 Love That Red
- ArtDeco x Dita Von Teese in 615
On my lips (it actually applies more like swatched above):

I know what red I'll be wearing this Holidays. Have you tried any of the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils or could recommend any non-drying matte formulas? 

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils are available here or here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar