ponedeljek, 23. november 2015

Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer in 15 - Fair

For the longest time I was struggling with finding the right shade and undertone of concealers in our drugstores. If they were the right shade they were usually way too yellow and looked very obvious despite my best attempts at blending it out.  When I first ordered the Maybelline Fit Me concealer I ended up picking up the wrong shade (20 - Light) which quickly ended up in my mom's hands, but then realized there was another lighter one available so I got that one instead.


It comes in a slim tube and has a doe foot applicator that grabs onto just the right amount of product. There's 6,8 ml of product inside and it's available in several different shades, depending on the region. The shade range is not the best, but if you can find the right one you'll probably really like it. The formula is creamy and blendable, while the texture is light and can easily be used both on blemishes and the under eye area, because it's not drying. 
The shade 15 that I use is light enough for me to use through the majority of the year, but gets slightly too dark in the winter, especially if I just want to use concealer without foundation. If I get some tan in the summer I can use it as a brightening concealer for my under eyes, but actually prefer it for use on blemishes and other marks or redness on my skin. The coverage is medium and easily buildable without it looking heavy or cakey. One layer covers redness, but more stubborn blemishes or red marks will require two or even three thin layers. I always set it with powder so it has a nice staying power and never just slides off, but I can notice some marks starting to peek through after about 7-8 hours. 
This Maybelline concealer often gets described as a dupe for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, but I wouldn't agree. They're both really nice formulas, but NARS concealer has more coverage, a wider shade range and a creamier formula that blends like a dream. There's also a huge price difference, so it's up to you if you want to splurge and have a pretty much perfect concealer formula-wise or get something from the drugstore and put a little more work into applying, especially with more problematic skin.
Comparison swatches:
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer in 10 Porcellain
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer in 20 Light Beige (these two from Catrice oxidize on the skin, but once you blend them out they get about half a shade lighter)
To my initial surprise I quite like this and I'm currently on my second tube. The formula is pretty light and fairly nice for a drugstore concealer, but I would like it even more if it came in another lighter shade, so I could use it year-round, and if it had even more coverage so it wouldn't require layering over stubborn hyper-pigmentation spots and blemishes. I'd say it's a pretty decent concealer for the price but it's not the best thing you'll ever put on your face. I also dislike the fact that I have to order it online because it's not available in our drugstores.

You can get it from here or here.

2 komentarja:

  1. Meni se zdi precej v redu, samo poimenovanje (oz. oštevilčenje) odtenkov je malce nenavadno. Moj je 10, ampak je temnejši od tvojega. o_O

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni tudi ni smiselno poimenovanje, kjer je 15 svetlejši odtenek od 10. Maybelline pač :/

      Izbriši