sreda, 25. november 2015

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay

I love trying out new skin care items, hoping to discover that one magical product that will work well with my skin which is pretty sensitive and prone to breakouts. Last year I was using the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (in the blue tube) and loved it, but when I was finished with it I thought I would buy their Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay instead, because it seemed like it would be better suited for my skin.

It is a red colored gel cleanser that has a mild herbaly scent (Rosemary Leaf Oil and botanical antioxidants). It's not an unpleasant scent but it's also not the reason for me to enjoy the cleanser more. When you squeeze the cleansing gel out, it almost looks like it has some shimmer inside (see below) which are probably tiny clay bits that help clean and detoxify the skin, unclog the pores and balance oil production. I use about a hazelnut amount (a little goes a long way) and I foam it up in my hands with adding water, before massaging it into the skin. It works well at removing dirt and oils, but doesn't exactly remove all makeup. It can be a bit tricky around the eyes and tends to burn, if I get any foam inside of them. I use it as a second cleanser at night or to wash my face in the morning and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean, without any residue, and not at all dry or tight-feeling. I can't say it's super effective with controlling oiliness, but it doesn't make it worse either, and it's the same with blemishes; it doesn't cause them, but it also doesn't make the scars and red marks heal faster. I feel like it just maintains the state of my skin as it already is and for the price I feel like it should do a lot more.
 Ingredients:
 Gel cleanser turning into soft bubbly foam when added water:
It's a decent cleanser, but at the same time there's nothing so special about it that would make me want to repurchase it once I'm done with this tube, like their Face Cleanser suited for all skin types or the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser.
There are many positive reviews online so check them out if you were thinking of trying this cleanser out and were discouraged by my post. The First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay is available here or here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar