sobota, 31. oktober 2015

Essence No Make-up Look Nail Polish in 01 Powdery Rose


The other day I saw swatches of this polish online and immediately fell in love with the shade. I don't exactly follow Essence's new releases too closely, but I'm pretty sure this is from one of their more recent ones.

These polishes come in three shades and I picked up the lightest one in 01 Powdery Rose. The color is a lovely muted subtle pink and the polish has a 'powdery' satin-matte finish on the nails that was one of the main reasons I picked it up. I do own one matte top coat nail polish from O.P.I., but I find it too much of a hassle to apply. This shade needs at least 3-4 coats to look opaque like in the swatches I saw, but I'm wearing two in the photos below. The formula is easy to apply and comes with a thicker brush (but not as thick as their Gel line) and has a flat ending. Since the shade is so light and natural looking it can be applied pretty sloppily and still look nice. The first coat applies very sheer and could easily be used as a top coat for similar nude/pink nail polish colors.
Overall I'm happy with the color and the finish, but would slightly prefer if the color was opaque in two coats, because when I apply more than that often I just end up smearing the polish and it ends up looking like a mess.
I bought it for 1,99 € at Müller.

1 komentar: