ponedeljek, 26. oktober 2015

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 260 - Alezane

One of the items from this year's Chanel Fall collection that sparked my interest the most was this lovely Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 260 - Alezane. I had high hopes for my first Chanel blush and I'm happy to report that I love everything about it. 

This blush comes in standard classy black packaging with a small brush that can be used to apply the powder and works ok, but I prefer using something a bit bigger. When I first tried it, the blush seemed slightly powdery, but now applies without kicking off any excess product. The formula is baked and has a soft and silky texture and nice pigmentation that should work well on a variety of different skin tones. It also has a marble pattern, similar to the Hourglass Ambient Blushes, but the contrast between the two shades isn't as prominent.
The blush leaves a healthy finish on the skin with a bit of glow. If you swatch it in the store you might be surprised at the amount of micro-shimmer particles it will leave on the skin, but applied with a brush onto the cheeks these are barely noticeable and only add to the overall luminous effect. You can also apply it with a heavier hand if you'd like for the shimmer to show up more. The shade is a lovely warm muted brownish pink and translates with rose and peachy undertones onto my fair skin. The formula blends easily and can be build up for more intense color pay off. I usually swirl the brush in the blush twice and it gives me the color intensity I want. Paired with Chanel's Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation it stays on my cheeks for literally an entire work day and is still there 12+ hours later, without apparent fading (but even drugstore blushes tend to last well on my skin).

 Comparison swatches:
Another love from Chanel but I recommend swatching in store before purchasing (judging from other reviews I've read, the Alezane blush can contain more shimmer and some don't like that finish), since it's a more luxurious and pricier item. 
The Fall collection should still be available at most retailers with Chanel stands.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar