četrtek, 01. oktober 2015

August & September 2015 Favourites


I skipped August's Favourites post, because I just kept using most of the items from the two previous months, along with a couple new additions. There are many items I keep using month after month, but for the sake of keeping these posts slightly more interesting I tend not to repeat too many items.

I only have a couple uses left of the Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs And Rosewater. It's a lovely rose-scented toning mist, I've incorporated into my daily skin care routine as well as using it as a refreshment and an added boost of hydration during the day. It doesn't irritate the skin and the rose scent is not overpowering, so I really enjoy it.
Vichy Idéal Soleil SPF50 Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch has been my go-to sunscreen for the past two months. It pairs well with Chanel's Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation in 10 - Beige. When I wear both my foundation last well through out the day and gets a luminous finish by the end of the day (I obviously set it with powder). Dry skins should probably avoid both products, but normal to oily skins would probably enjoy either or both.
I've slowly been introducing some new skin care items into my daily routine. The Balea Aqua Serum is pretty amazing, considering how affordable it is. I recently ran out of my The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum and since they don't have any stores in our country I was looking for an alternative and this is as close as I could find, for a fraction of the price. The formula is not as potent, so I need a full pump, but it's much more affordable, so I don't mind that at all. My night-time moisturizer over the summer has been the Green Line Hydro Mineral Cream. It's meant for normal skin and is too rich to use during the day under make up on my oily skin, but feels great in the evening. My go-to cleanser has been the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser. I just posted a review, but it work wonderfully at reducing hyperpigmentation marks left on my skin and the soft citrus fragrance feels refreshing in the morning. 
I've already mentioned a couple of times that I've transitioned into using natural deodorants. The best one so far has been the Nuxe Body Long-Lasting Deodorant. First of all this smells amazing, like their Body Fondant Shower Gel of sweet almond with a floral hint and actually lasts all day. I wore it all the time over this past summer and unless I was working out (which, let's be honest, is a miracle in itself), there was no sign of BO by the end of the day.
Besides the Chanel foundation I've also been loving some other makeup items. The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer has quickly become a staple in my make up bag and has been my go-to concealer lately. The formula is light enough to work in the under-eye area, but has enough coverage to cover blemishes (I sometimes have to layer it over really stubborn ones). My favourite mascara has been Benefit's Roller Lash. It's become slightly drier with constant use, so I need some more time to work with it, but it still separates, lengthens, adds volume and holds the curl well. The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion has been a no-brainer. It even makes the eyeshadows with below-average lasting power last all day. A must in the summer months, but I use it every time I wear eyeshadow, because I hate the look of eyeshadows creasing on me. The Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color in Light is a very natural looking brow color that stays in place all day, like the name suggests. They have changed the packaging since I bought mine and it looks much nicer now. The color is a great match for my brows and is very hard to over-do, so it's easy to use for beginners too.
Have you tried any of these? Let me know about some of your favourites in the comments :)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar