torek, 01. september 2015

Yves Rocher Hydra Végétal Hydrating Micellar Water 2 in 1


As I was searching for an alternative to Bioderma's Micellar Water I came across Yves Rocher's Hydrating Micellar Water. I've never tried anything from them before and thought trying their Micellar Water (and a couple of body care items) would be a nice place to start.

After using it for several weeks I can say that this doesn't compare to Bioderma in terms of efficiency and ease at removing makeup. I really like the packaging (which has changed since I bought mine) that contains 200 ml of product. The micellar water inside has a light, water-like texture and feel on the skin, except that it is fragranced. This could be a problem for sensitive skin, but my skin didn't seem to mind it. The fragrance is not too strong and reminds me of some plant, but I can't put my finger on what exactly it is (it is not unpleasant).
I don't really enjoy using it on my eyes, because it tends so sting a little if it gets inside, and the same goes for the lips where it leaves a really bitter after taste. It doesn't do the best job at removing eye make up, because I feel like I almost have to rub the cotton pad, to get everything off, so I mainly just use it to remove make up from the rest of my face. It takes between 3-4 small round cotton pads to remove 'everything' from my skin. I use it occasionally as a first cleanse in the evening to remove make up, if I don't feel like using an oil based remover and then follow up with a second cleanser to make sure I removed everything even if the cotton pad appears to be clean. It doesn't feel drying, but it leaves a layer on the skin, that is almost slightly sticky, but since I follow up with another cleanser it doesn't bother me too much.
Ingredients:
Overall I wouldn't say this is a bad product, but it's nowhere close to Bioderma's Micellar Water. In a way it reminds me of La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Purifying Micellar Water, except that is has a pleasant scent. This would probably be a better fit for someone who doesn't wear a lot of make up and wants to remove SPF from their face in the evening, but if you wear foundation and all that, be prepared to spend a lot of time in the bathroom trying to remove everything if you're going to use this.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar