torek, 08. september 2015

Empty Products #8 (August & September 2015)

This months empties are pretty epic. I’ve accumulated a bunch of products since I last posted about empties in July and in the time that took me to write this, I already have a bunch of new products ready for next month’s post.

First up some body care. I used up the L’Occitane Roses et Reines Silky Shower Gel that was a gift from a family member. I normally don’t reach for products that are rose scented, but I really enjoyed using it. It lathered up nicely, left my skin feeling really soft and didn’t have a too strong rose scent. If you’re into rose scented products this is a great product to add to your routine, but I won’t repurchase.
The Body Shop Chocolate Deluxe Edition Body Butter - I was really sad to use this one up, because I loved it so much. It legit smelt like chocolate and the scent stayed on the skin for a pretty long time, while the skin felt super soft, nourished and moisturized. I don’t think this one is still available from The Body Shop, but I’ll definitely be getting more of their products as soon as I have a chance to visit one of their shops.
Caudalie Beauty Elixir/Eau de Beauté - this is a very raved about product and I really enjoyed using it. It feels very refreshing and minty on the skin, especially now in the summer, but I wasn’t using it on an everyday basis so I can’t speak about any major and noticeable skin improvements. I did already repurchased a new bottle though that I will test more in depth.
Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil - a great dry oil that has found a permanent place on my shelves. It can be used on the hair, body and face and apart from it’s beneficial ingredients it smells heavenly. I already bought a full-sized bottle.
Redken Extreme Conditioner - I’ve used this line of Redken hair care products for a while and really liked the effect it had on my hair. I didn’t feel like the conditioner was that special, but it did leave my hair soft, less tangly and nourished, without making it greasy. I already have another bottle to use up.
Le Petit Marseillais shower gel - these shower gels have quickly become my favourites from the drugstore. They have a decent range of scents available, don’t feel drying on the skin and wash off without leaving a weird layer on the skin. This particular one had a gentle clean scent that reminded me a lot of the L’Occitane’s shea butter range. I’m already using another shower gel from this brand.
Balea Travel Sized Sensitive Deospray - I like having one of these on hand at all times. The small travel size is very convenient to keep in the purse in the summer or to use when travelling. Granted, it’s not the most effective but it does smell really nice. I already bought another one.
Eau Thermale Avene/Thermal Spring Water - this is a very lovely calming and soothing non-scented facial mist/toner. It sprays out like a very fine mist and this was probably my 2nd or 3rd bottle I’ve used up. I’m already using another one.
Balea Hazelnut Body Butter/Nuss - first of all, this smelled incredible. Sweet, creamy and nutty with a touch of coffee added into the mix.  The consistency was quite thick and rich, and it felt very nourishing on the skin. I had one issue with it though, maybe half an hour after applying it, the scent was gone from my skin and I couldn’t really sense it anymore. I bought the cocoa one as a replacement and I’ll see if I like it better.
Lancome Galateis Douceur Gentle Softening Cleansing Fluid - this has a milky texture and removed makeup alright, but wasn’t something I was looking forward to using. I used it on my eyes a couple of times and it removed mascara if I really worked it into the lashes, but in a way it felt like it was being quite harsh. I ended up using it mostly for removing swatches.
Borotalco Invisible Anti-white Marks deodorant - this was a  really effective deodorant/anti-perspirant that lasted well through out the day even on occasions with increased activities, like working out. I didn’t notice any stains on my clothing which can be a problem with some deodorants and the fact that I wear black a lot. I’ve used other deodorants from this brand before and it’s a deodorant of choice for my family so I’ll probably use more in the future (I’m using natural deodorants atm).
St Tropez Bronzing Mousse - I mentioned this self-tanner in this post as being my favourite from the ones I've tried. It gives a very natural tan that fades away evenly. I already have a back up.
Another Balea Sensitive Deospray, this time full sized. I prefer having the travel sized one at hand.
Zoella Let’s Glow Fragranced Candle - I bought this candle when it was first released because I liked the description of the scent online, but it tuned out to be just ok. It was floral, fruity and somewhat relaxing, but at the same time I felt like the combination wasn’t really my cup of tea for a home scent. I liked that it came with a lid, because it had a pretty heavy throw and I could smell it even when it wasn’t burning; when I burnt it the scent quickly filled the room. It didn’t burn too evenly and there’s some wax still left on the bottom. The packaging is cute at least. Won’t repurchase.
Lancome La Vie Est Belle EDP - While I liked this EDP it was slightly too sweet for me to get the full size. I did enjoy using it and got some compliments when I wore it. On me it lasted for good 6-7 hours.
Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+ Sunscreen - this was a lovely SPF. It didn’t feel too greasy, didn’t leave a white cast, didn’t break me out, but I had a major issue with the fact that it flaked when I was applying it, if I didn't work it into the skin quickly enough. It also has a pleasant soft creamy-citrusy scent.
Dm brand Coconut Candle - I smelled this at the store when I was shopping for something else and thought it would be a nice one for the summer. Turns out the throw was really weak - when it wasn’t lit it didn’t give away almost any scent, but when it was lit it mainly just smelled like wax with a hint of coconut. I was pretty disappointed with it, but will reuse the glass for brushes or eyeliners.
Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes - I used this when I was traveling and had about half a pack left that I used up on lazy days. I liked how it removed makeup, even from the eyes, without stinging, burning or irritating the skin in any way. I felt like they had enough product on them, without being too wet or dry. Ole Henriksen wipes also contain several beneficial skin ingredients, which reflects on the price. I already have a back up to use.
Innisfree Cucumber It’s Real Squeeze Mask - this was a hydrating and nourishing facial sheet mask. It has a slight cucumber fragrance and is very saturated with serum. It is an intensive treatment and leaves the skin hydrated and plump. The instructions say to use it for 20 minutes and then massage in the product that’s left on the skin, but I felt like I could have it on for a longer time as well. I have more to use so will probably write a review.
Melvita Rose Extraordinary Water - I used up a small satchet of this plumping and hydrating fluid that has a light gel-like consistency between a toner and serum. I have a small bottle to finish, before I decide to buy more.
Melvita Nectar Bright Brightening Eye Contour Serum - this product had a very light fluid consistency but I didn’t notice any brightening effects. The thing that bothered me the most was the fact that my concealer always flaked when I used this underneath. I tried using different ones, but all ended up the same.
Essence All About Matt! Oil Control Paper - I didn’t really enjoy using these oil blotting papers. My skin gets oily mid day and since I don’t normally carry powder with me, I have a pack of blotting sheets at hand and have to use them at least once a day. While these removed excess oil from my skin, they also took away make up underneath which was unfortunate. I had to press them against the skin really gently for this not to happen in a noticeable way, which also meant not getting all of the oil off. Wouldn’t recommend and won’t repurchase.

Have you ever tried any of the mentioned products? Let me know in the comments what your experiences were.

1 komentar:

  1. Se strinjam, lešnik butter diši božansko :) Caudalie je pa prav tako navdušujoč, najraje ga uporabim pred in po nanosu ličil.

    OdgovoriIzbriši