sobota, 26. september 2015

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation in 10 - Beige


For a long time I preferred using mineral foundations over liquid ones, because of their natural skin-like finish. This Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation sparked my interest since it promises a velvety, semi-matte finish, and has become the first traditional type foundation that I actually enjoy using.

It comes in a chic black plastic bottle that is easy to carry around and travel with. There's 30 ml of product inside and it's easy to control the amount you want to use. Like most Chanel products it contains fragrance, but once applied and blended  into the skin it's no longer noticeable (I quite like it actually). It also contains alcohol, but it never felt drying or irritating on my skin. The formula is very lightweight and needs to be shaken well. It also contains SPF 15, but I don't think anyone applies enough foundation to provide actual protection for the amount of SPF included, so I tend to wear a separate sunscreen under. It doesn't have a flashback and looks lovely in photos. 
The texture of the foundation is quite liquid-y and provides light-buildable coverage. It covers most of the redness, but I have to use concealer to cover blemishes/hyperpigmentation. It lets fleckles show through and has a very natural, skin-like finish. The really amazing thing about it is the way the formula transforms from a liquid to a velvety texture with the touch of the skin as you spread it out. It doesn't sink into pores or fine lines. My favourite way to apply it is with fingers and then I also go over with a foundation brush to even it out and blend the edges.
The shade 10 - Beige is a neutral to warm shade, but fits me well during the summer (at my most tanned it's even slightly light). It blends seamlessly into the skin and doesn't look like you're actually wearing foundation. During the winter this is too yellow to use on my skin, but if I go over with a whiter setting powder I can make it work. The matte velvety finish stays on my skin for about 5-6 hours, when I have to blot and then I'm good for the rest of the day. It has a pretty impressive staying power (I always set it with powder and tend to not touch my face) and it still looks pretty decent after 10 hours even on the oily areas (but gets a dewy finish by the end of the day).
Active (& inactive) ingredients:

 Comparison swatches with some other products in my stash (L-R):
Overall I think this is a great foundation for someone with normal/combo/oily skin. I wish there was a better color selection (one shade lighter would be perfect) and slightly better coverage and oil control. The last two can easily be adjusted with the use of concealer and some setting powder, but for the price they would be great additions. The foundation provides a very natural velvety but still radiant and healthy finish and was my foundation of choice during this past (very hot) summer.
You can get it online here or swatch it in person at every Chanel stand (it's not a limited edition product but will be repromoted for the release of the fall collection which I'm really excited about).

2 komentarja:

  1. Vedno sem si želela kakšne Chanel puder, ampak njihovi najsvetlejši odtenki so mi vedno pretemni in preoražni :/ Tale mi zveni kot, da mi bil všeč :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Tekstura in obstojnost sta res super, sploh če imaš bolj normalno kožo. Glede odtenkov se pa strinjam, čeprav se lepo zblenda v kožo, zna biti ob robovih opazno, da je malce pretemen odtenek. Če ga želiš preizkusiti, ti lahko pošljem en vzorček, ampak boš skoraj zagotovo mogla zmešat še s katerim svetlejšim, ker imaš bolj svetlo polt od mene :)

      Izbriši