ponedeljek, 28. september 2015

Afrodita 100% SPA - Sugar Scrub, Body Butter and Face & Body Yoghurt


It's been a while since I've reached for more products from Slovenian brands, but it's been a more occurring thing in the past year or so. I remember using some skin care items in the past (in elementary/early high school if my memory serves me well) and it was a really bad experience at the time, so I unduly made an assumption that they were all the same. That is until I came across the Sugar Scrub from the Afrodita 100% SPA line last winter and fell completely in love with it and consequently decided to get a couple more items from this line.

Let me start with my least favourite product. I bought this Face and Body Yoghurt thinking it could be used as an in-shower conditioner. It contains honey and shea butter as two main ingredients that regenerate, nourish and moisturize the skin. This yoghurt can be used in a sauna or in the shower as a rich nourishing mask, before you rinse it off after leaving it to work for a couple of minutes. My experience was a bit different; I don't go to saunas so I couldn't test it out as a mask there, but I did use it after showering several times. I was too impatient (& started to get cold) to leave it on for a couple of minutes, but it still left my skin really soft and moisturized and I didn't feel like I needed to use a separate body butter. I also tried using it on my face, but it started to burn really bad, so I immediately washed it off. 
As mentioned above the Sugar Scrub is my favourite from the bunch. This easily competes with other more expensive brands and it feels really luxurious. The scent is amazing - a mixture of sweet vanilla, shea butter and caramelized brown sugar actually makes you feel like you're at a spa. Exfoliation is crucial for keeping the skin all over your body in it's best condition. The texture of this scrub is pretty thick and needs to be stirred before use, because the sugar and oils can separate. It's gentle to the skin, but really effective and makes the skin feel really soft while leaving an almost oily layer on the skin as you wash it off. If you're not to fond of that you might not like this one, but it's one of the reasons I love it so much and don't have to use a separate moisturizer after. It does leave the shower a bit slippery, so be careful stepping inside the next day.
The Body Butter is also pretty amazing. The texture is thick and creamy, but at the same time lightweight and feels amazing on the skin. It contains jojoba oil and shea butter making it super nourishing for the skin and amazing to use in the upcoming colder months. It smells beautifully and spreads with ease on the skin. Since the texture is so rich it takes a while to sink in, making it perfect for anyone with dry skin (the scent lasts a really long time and my skin feels moisturized and soft until I shower again the next day, which is a rare thing, because my skin usually soaks up body lotions). I wouldn't recommend using it in the morning if you have to get dressed up quickly, but other that that I really like it as well. If you're a fan of The Body Shop body butters you should give this one a try.

I'd like to point out that the packaging could be better. I sometimes have trouble with closing the lids, but when I take the price and overall experience into consideration I don't mind about this shortcoming. These are also often on offer at different local grocery/drug stores which is a great opportunity to try them. If you're located outside Slovenia you can contact them if you're interested in trying their products.

7 komentarjev:

  1. Jaz imam zaenkrat samo še masažno olje z vonjem vanilije in je božansko. :) Vse se mi sliši super, najbolj pa maslo in scrub. Moram si zapomnit, ker imam še toliko podobnih izdelkov doma, da trenutno ne smem kupit nič več :D

    Super ocena. Se mi zdi, da je premalo ocen naših slovenskih izdelkov ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Jaz imam tudi podoben problem. V trgovini vedno pozabim, da imam doma že tri podobne, na pol uporabljene stvari, ko vidim kaj zanimivega. Čeprav zadnje čase malo bolj pazim :)
      Piling je super, maslo pa tudi, sploh če imaš suho kožo. V Sparu so kar pogosto v akciji :) Bom preverila olje, ko bom dejansko morala kupiti kaj novega.

      Izbriši
  2. Priznam, da nisem najbolj vestna, kar se tiče mazanja z losjoni, masli ipd., ampak tale piling pa tudi jaz obožujem. Vem, da večino moti ta film, ki ga pusti na koži potem, ko ga spereš, ampak meni je pa ravno to všeč. :) Se pa strinjam za pakiranje, tudi jaz imam včasih težave z zapiranjem.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni je tudi zaradi tega filma, ki ga pusti na koži, tako super. Pa sladkorna zrna so precej nežna do kože, ampak vseeno opravijo svojo nalogo.

      Izbriši
  3. Moja najljubša kolekcija daleč naokoli, vse je super. Vonj, tekstura, VSE. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Piling je prekrasen, samo jaz imam še delo, da ga vzljubim. Efekt je res woow, ampak tisti masten filing je pa no go zame :(
    Maslo je druga zgodba. Bogata tekstura, hitro vpijajoč in najbolj pomembno zame je to, da drži efekt tudi kakšen dan dlje od nanosa :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši