nedelja, 23. avgust 2015

Max Factor Smokey Eye Drama Kit in 04 Luxe Lilacs

A couple of weeks ago Max Factor surprised me with a lovely package containing two of their new products. I haven’t tried out the Velvet Volume False Lash Effect mascara yet, but I dived into using the Smokey Eye Drama Kit Eyeshadow Palette in Luxe Lilacs right away, despite the lilac themed shades not being my usual every day choice for eye make up.

The quad comes in plastic packaging, with a clear lid. There are four colors inside, along with a sponge tip applicator, that is useful for packing color on the lids. One side of the applicator is thinner and more pointed at the end and can be used to place eyeshadow as softer liner along the lash lines. The eyeshadows inside are nicely pigmented and blendable on the eyes. When I use them with a brush, they kick up some product in the pan, but I lightly tap the brush with product before applying it to my eyes and I don’t get any fall out. They feel silky soft to the touch. I’ve only used them with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion underneath and they’ve stayed on my lids without creasing for 10+ hours. The eyeshadows are baked and formulated in a new way that is supposed to include a more concentrated amount of shimmer in comparison to regularly pressed eyeshadows.
As mentioned above I don’t normally choose lilac or lavender toned shades of eyeshadows, but I ended up liking this quad. The main reason is probably the taupe shade that I use in the crease to neutralize the look to some extent, pull it together and make it more wearable. This palette is actually meant to be a 2-in-1 eyeshadow and brow powder, but I prefer using more waxy formulas on my brows instead of powders. I love the color as an eyeshadow though. The lightest shade is also a true chameleon. In the pan it looks like an off-white shade with a soft lilac satin finish, but depending on how the light hits it, it has a duo-chrome finish and can be used as a brow and inner corner highlight. The lighter lilac shade is my least favourite. It has chunks of finely milled shimmer inside, but on the eyes they act more like glitter and can end up having some fallout. The third shade is a medium purple with a satiny-matte finish. 
 Swatches:
Wearable everyday look on my eyes using the quad (I also used the UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion and Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara):
I like that the shades inside come with different finishes and can be used to either make a softer wearable eye look or a more intense smokey eye for an evening out. I find that I don’t have to use other eyeshadows to complement a look, when I reach to use this palette. Besides Luxe Lilacs there are 3 other color ways already available at out drugstores: Lavish Onyx, Opulent Nudes, Sumptuous Gold (+ 2 more online at Boots: Azzure Allure and Magnetic Jades). Since I like the pigmentation and quality of this palette, I also got the more wearable Opulent Nudes one and will review and compare it once I use it for a while.
The price for these is fit for the quality of the shades, but there are also testers available at the drugstore so you can swatch in person and make sure you like how the shades perform before committing to a purchase.

*PR Sample

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar