ponedeljek, 17. avgust 2015

Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment Mask

It's not often than my thoughts about a particular product change so drastically. The Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment Mask was really hyped about two years ago and I was super excited to get a small sample to use and it was love at first sight try.

After using up the satchet I was conveniently in the States at the time and within walking distance to a Sephora at most times (which is very dangerous, btw :P) so I got the smaller 0.5 oz/15 g travel size of this mask to try it for real, which had enough product inside for about 5 treatments. I loved it so much I got another pot to take home and when I used that one up I bought the full sized product (50 g). If that doesn't show love and commitment for a product I don't know what does.
The mask contains several beneficial ingredients for the skin, including kaolin clay and antioxidant green tea leaf pieces (it is also fragranced like green tea), along with volcanic pumice rock (very small exfoliating bits, almost like sand). At first I loved using it as a treatment mask, but have since moved on to using other products better suited for my skin, that has become somewhat problematic. This is probably the main reason why I don't like the mask as much as I did in the beginning.
You apply it to your skin for 10 minutes as a quick facial and it makes a visible difference on the skin - it exfoliates, smoothes and plumps the skin, makes it radiant and brighter, and reduces the appearance of pores. To some extent it also works at clearing the skin, but won't remove the most stubborn blackheads. Once applied it creates a tingling sensation while it dries on the skin and in my case it was never an uncomfortable feeling, but if you're really sensitive you should keep this in mind. It tightens and dries to a stiff layer, like a lot of other clay-based masks and as you wash it off you should massage it while applying light pressure to the skin to exfoliate. The consistency is creamy, but it has a tendency to dry out, which is also stated on the packaging, and in that case you need to add some purified water to make it workable again. Lately my preferred method it using it as a scrub/pre-treatment before using a mask that is better suited for clearing the skin and I can still notice some benefits. Since I don't keep it on the skin for too long, the effects aren't as visible as when used like a mask, but it still makes a difference in the overall appearance and feel of my skin.
It would be really cool, if the travel sized version would be available to buy from other places than just Sephora, because I imagine not a lot of people are willing to splurge on a $69 mask without trying it out first. This mask definitely delivers to it's claims, but would be better suited for someone with mature and dull skin looking for a more youthful appearance.
Available from Sephora, FeelUnique (on sale right now) or Lookfantastic.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar