sobota, 15. avgust 2015

E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadows in 'Bark' & 'Burnt Plum'


E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadows are richly pigmented eyeshadows that are very affordable. That actually goes for the majority of E.L.F. products, but since they're revamping their UK/European website, their products are currently a bit hard to get on this side of the planet. I really hope the website will be up and functional soon, because I really want to try out more of their product, especially brushes.

The two E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadows I picked up are 'Bark' and 'Burnt Plum'. Bark is a gorgeous medium brown golden bronze, while Burnt Plum is a burgundy plummy shade. They're both shimmery eyeshadows, but when you apply them wet they have more of a metallic finish. I've been using these for a while and really like wearing both - paired together or each on their own. Both look beautiful as a wash of color on the lids with some more product built up in the crease and outer corner. There are 8 shades available and each contains 3.5g/0.12 oz of product.
Swatches:
I find them to be pigmented enough when I use them dry, but their color pay-off intensifies if you apply them wet. They blend nicely without looking patchy and are easy to build up. I like to use the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer underneath and they last for 10 + hours on my lids without creasing. At first these these might be a bit sheer, but once you get over the first layer these work wonderfully. They're not dusty, don't have any fall-out and you barely need any product for them to show up, especially used wet. 
Overall, I love both shades and formulas and look forward to adding more colors to my collection once the European website will be functional again. They cost 3$ (!) on the US E.L.F. site, but were a bit pricier when I bought them from the UK site before their make-over.

2 komentarja:

  1. Čudovita odtenka.:) Jaz obožujem Elf in tudi komaj čakam da prenovijo stran. Čopiči so super. Sploh blush brush in small tapered brush (za highlight) :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ravno ta dva čopiča si želim najbolj :) Upam, da jim uspe do konca poletja, kot so obljubili (in da ne bo poštnina predraga).

      Izbriši