petek, 31. julij 2015

Topshop Beauty '5 Years of Beauty' Lips in 'Ohh La La'

This year Topshop Beauty is celebrating 5 years since they've launched a range of beauty products and they've come up with a limited edition of some of their best selling items with creamy white and rose gold packaging. As soon as I saw the packaging I thought it was really cute so I decided it was time to try a couple more items from the brand. They released five shades of lipsticks and I went with the summery coral shade 'Ohh La La'.

As mentioned above the packaging is really cute, but could potentially get dirty pretty easily, especially if you're going to keep it in a make up bag/in your purse. There's 3,5 g of product inside.

The formula feels creamy and lightweight on the lips, but surprisingly I'm not a fan. It tends to settle into lip lines and clings to any dry patches, even now in the summer, when my lips aren't that dry. Besides that, it usually also applies unevenly and since it's not a sheer shade it looks really awkward if you don't take care in applying it. It transfers easily onto a glass if you're drinking, doesn't have a great lasting power and wears off unevenly.
The shade of the lipstick is a bright coral, but as usually, on me it looks completely different. Swatched it has a beautiful peachy or slightly orange undertone, depending on the light, but on my lips it tends to lean towards a medium peachy pink if I gently pat it on, but if I apply two layers it looks straight up neon. Can a lipstick be any more complicated?
More swatches:
left - one swipe // right - layered
 On my lips: you can see how it settles into lines and looks uneven, just minutes after application >.<

I am quite disappointed with this lip product. I was hoping to get a nice wearable shade for the summer, but unless I have a mirror with me all the time, I don't feel comfortable wearing it. If your lips are normal it would probably work better and if you're medium skin toned/tanned it would also look amazing.

Several items from the 5 Years of Beauty collection from Topshop Beauty are still available. If you want to check out the lipstick range it's available here or here.

2 komentarja:

  1. Res? Moja formula je čisto ok, mogoče ker je malo starejša:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Mogoče so jo pa spremenili od takrat :/ Škoda.

      Izbriši