petek, 17. julij 2015

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in 'Rikugien'

Over the past year NARS has slowly become one of my favourite brands. I haven't reviewed that many of their products yet, despite having quite a few in my stash, but trust me when I say that they know what they're doing when it comes to make up. One of the last items I got my hands on is the Satin Lip Pencil in the shade Rikugien, named after a park in Tokyo.

The Satin Lip Pencil/Lipstick comes in pencil form and contains 0.07 oz/2 grams of product. The packaging is classic NARS - black with white writing and a color accent in the back, which is helpful when you're in a hurry and you're trying to pick the shade you want to wear. The pencil is made out of plastic, but it sharpens easily (I used a sharpener from Essence and it fits perfectly inside).
The formula is creamy and applies evenly, but has a semi-sheer finish, reminding me of Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks. It feels comfortable on the lips, slightly hydrating, and wears for around 4 hours. 
The shade Rikugien is a perfect versatile everyday pinky rose, with a satin/lustre finish. See swatches and some comparisons below.
Swatches showing different finishes:
On my lips:
 Comparison swatches L-R:
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in '54 Boy' (looks slightly peachy compared to NARS, but looks more pink on the lips).

I've been wearing it daily for almost a month now and I really love it. It doesn't feel drying and the shade is perfect for everyday wear, no matter what kind of make up you pair it with. It's quickly become one of the 'chosen ones' and is lately always with me in my hand bag.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar