sobota, 11. julij 2015

Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer

I've always been intrigued with the idea of primers promising to minimise the appearance of pores, smoothening the complexion and preventing excessive shine of the skin. Benefit's The POREfessional Face Primer is quite well known to be a favourite amongst many so I was excited to try it out.

I picked up the smaller size that has 7,5 ml of product and I've been using it on and off for over a year now, so I have a pretty good feel for what it can and cannot do. The primer comes in a cute tube and is easily dispensed. It has a light skin-color but once you work it into the skin, it becomes translucent and doesn't add any color to the skin. It instantly minimizes the appearance of pores and also helps with prolonging the wear of makeup. With that it also mattifies the skin, giving it a smoother velvety look and silky feel without making it obvious you're wearing anything. Once on the skin it also doesn't feel like you're wearing anything. In the past I've used it under makeup or on days with good skin when I didn't feel like wearing any makeup but still wanted to minimise the appearance of my pores craters. I've never tried applying it over makeup since I feel like things could get messy, but you apparently can use it like that as well. Keep in mind that you only need a tiny bit, or it will start to roll off and flake as you'll try to apply it to the skin.
On my oily skin this effect is not very long lasting. If I compare the appearance of my skin when I apply it and when I don't, it prolongs the wear of foundation for several hours, but isn't as effective at keeping the shine at bay - usually it only takes an hour longer before I have to blot my skin, especially now in the summer.
How it looks like applied to the skin:
If your skin is not very oily this is a great primer to try (I like it better in the winter/fall), especially if you have a chance of picking up the smaller sample size (along with several other goodies in the aisle of doom at Sephora ;)).
You can buy Benefit's The POREfessional Face Primer at Sephora or FeelUnique.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar