petek, 26. junij 2015

Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer


Ever since I've started learning more about skin care I've been on the search for the *perfect* moisturizer. With my sensitive, oily and acne prone skin this has not been as easy task. In the past three years I've repurchased the Mixa 24h Moisturising Balancing Cream several times, but then decided to try something new, so I got the Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer.

The product comes in a sturdy orange plastic jar with a white lid and contains 50 ml of moisturizer (currently there's also a bigger size available with 75 ml). It has a really lightweight consistency and is perfect for normal and oily skin, but would probably feel too light for someone with dry skin. It's formulated without any oils and is fortified with skin-boosters like Panax Ginseng (brightening and enhancing properties) and Coffee Bean (antioxidant age-fighting). It has a slight zesty-orange scent, but it quickly dissipates when applied to the skin.
Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer can be used in the mornings and evenings, and I find it moisturizing enough (I do combine it with a serum though). For my oily skin I'm always looking for a lightweight product that would still feel moisturizing enough and this one really delivers. The texture is almost like a cooling-gel. It's light, refreshing, absorbs quickly without leaving my skin with a shiny greasy layer, and wears well under make up. I've also noticed some brightening effects on leftover blemish spots. It doesn't have any mattifying properties, but I always apply some setting powder so my skin stays matte to slightly dewy for between 5-6 hours. A big plus also goes to the fact that it hasn't caused any breakouts.
There are also some disadvantages, the main one being that the product comes in a jar instead of a tube. I always apply it with clean hands, but this is the one thing that bothers me about moisturizers the most, especially from pricier brands. It could also have some SPF added, especially now in the summer, but since it's also intended for use in the night time, they cleverly got away with that.
If you want to order it to Slovenia you can get it from Boots, in other countries it's available from Sephora, FeelUnique and Origins website.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar