ponedeljek, 01. junij 2015

May Favourites


Seriously, where is this year going? Last year around this time I was imagining my life to be completely different from what it's currently turning out to be, but yeah, you can't always control everything. On a more positive note - let's have a look at what I've been loving this month.

If you've been reading my blog in the past month you know that I went a little crazy for the Summer Collection from Chanel. And often when I buy a new item I use it a couple of times and before I even decide if I like it or not (*khm Nars Audacious Lipsticks*) they end up being barely used. Well, things have been different with Chanel - I absolutely love the RCS 477 Reveuse lipstick, the 127 Laurier Rose Stylo Eyeshadow and the Lumiere d'Été Illuminating powder. I've used them pretty much everyday (and the blossom pattern from the powder is slowly fading away).
I've also been loving the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer for my under eyes (For covering blemishes I don't find it has quite enough coverage).
The best highlighter that easily doubles as an eyeshadow is the highly raved about Mary-Lou Manizer from the Balm. Depending on how you apply it, it can either look subtle or super glowy on the cheeks, but it's also perfect as an inner eye highlight.
I've already mentioned the Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette last month and since I haven't managed to post a review yet I thought I should give it an honorable mention again. If I wasn't wearing the Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow I wore this and I've made quite a dent into the peachy 'Matt Singh' shade already. The pans inside are pretty big and have a nice range of warm and cool shades, and I also really like the design of their packaging in general.
I reviewed the  Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in 130 Rose Poudre last week and it's a super flattering and long wearing nail polish; and I just can't get tired of wearing it.
For removing my cuticles I've been using the Cuticle Remover gel from Kozmetika Afrodita and I like how it actually does the job. I remember using a similar product from Art Deco in the past but it was completely useless at removing cuticles.
Another essential for nail polish wearers is the much talked about Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover. It removes the polish super fast - even darker colors, takes care of the cuticles (it has almond oil) and doesn't stink up the room, like usual polish removers. It's also useful if you mess up one nail and want to redo it without messing up all other nails in the process.

What are some of the items you've been loving in May?

2 komentarja:

  1. Jaz sem ta Maybelline lak tudi nonstop nosila ko sem ga kupila :D Mi pa Bourjois odstranjevalec laka ni bil všeč, ker mi je čisto izsušil obnohtno kožico (kar se mi nikoli ne zgodi), pa še gobica se je čisto uničila takoj ko sem poskusila odstranit bleščice. Super, da se pri tebi bolje obnese :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Pa si imela enak Bourjois odstranjevalec? Ker je zunaj več različic in ima tale dodano mandljevo olje, tako da je nežen in negovalen za obnohtno kožico (pa imam sicer kar probleme s suho kožo na rokah).

      Izbriši