petek, 05. junij 2015

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Micellar Water

Everyone that has ever used Bioderma's Micellar Water undoubtedly has their Micellar Water standards and expectations set pretty high. I've recently run out of another bottle and have decided to try a few new ones to see if I can find something similar in terms of how effective (& gentle) it is at removing make up and impurities from the skin. The first one I decided to give a go was the Purifying Micellar Water from La Roche-Posay.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Micellar Water is actually my first product I'm using from them. First off, the product comes in plastic packaging and has 200 ml of product inside for around 16 € (I did get it with a discount code/on sale like everything else I buy from FeelUnique), which is already more expensive than what you'd pay for 250 ml of Bioderma's Micellar Water. The product itself seems similar - transparent liquid with a water like consistency. But the major difference becomes apparent when I try to remove my make up with it. Compared to Bioderma this does a very lousy job - it takes up at least 3 larger cotton pads (the ones pictured in the photo above) to remove everything and even then I usually end up with greyish circles around my eyes, from smeared mascara (not waterproof formula) that wasn't completely removed. It also has a weird scent, that is somewhat off putting.
This product doesn't pass as a make up remover for me. It is more useful if I want to freshen up my skin during the day (if I'm not wearing make up and I want to reapply sunscreen, for example) or in the morning if I can't be bothered to wash my face and want something quick to refresh and mattify my skin. The positive side is that it's formulated for oily skin and it doesn't dry out my skin.
If you want to give it a try it's available from FeelUnique (they've also started selling Bioderma's Micellar Water) or you can pick it up from your local pharmacy/drugstore.

If you have any suggestions on which one I should try next, let me know in the comments.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar