petek, 15. maj 2015

What's in my travel bag - Copenhagen edition

If you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed that I went to Copenhagen (Denmark) last week for a short and sweet vacation. I took some photos of the items I was bringing with me while I was packing and I'll be sharing them today. I actually wanted to post this before I left, but I never managed to, since I didn't do any planning for my trip before leaving and was consequently pretty busy (& occasionally lost) on the spot. 
I flew to Copenhagen and only took a carry-on with me, so everything had to be travel friendly (under 100 ml). Regarding skincare I packed:
- Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes & African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser (the wipes actually took off all of my makeup - even on the eyes and felt refreshing on the skin and I've mentioned how much I've been liking the cleanser in my April's favourites),
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum (probably my favourite serum I've tried so far),
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream & GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer (my go-to moisturizer lately and a sample eye cream - I mentioned in my last empties post that I wasn't super impressed by it),
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defence Lotion SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion (my current favourite facial sunscreen; feels lightweight and doesn't make my skin too oily),
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir (I love facial mists and since I forgot to buy the Avene Eau Thermale Spray in travel sized version, so I took this one with me - it's lovely and refreshing).
Make up items:
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (in Vanilla) & Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer (in 03 Fair) (two well loved favourites for about a year now),
ELF Mineral Booster to set my concealer & reduce oiliness on my skin through out the day,
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Chanel Stylo Eyeshadows in Caroube and Laurier Rose (from the summer collection and I'm absolutely loving them! I'll post a review soon), Benefit Roller Lash Mascara, Anastasia Brow Wiz (in Taupe),
Two make up brushes:
- Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face for mineral powder and
- Real Technique Blush Brush for blush, highlighter and bronzer.
(I also wore Chanel's 707 Mediterranée Nail polish that I adore.)
Other essentials also included:
-The Wet Brush Hair brush (an ok brush, but I still prefer using tangle teezer, only this is a lot smaller so more convenient to travel with),
-Bobby pins and elastics (it was really windy so these were super handy),
-L'occitane Volumizing Shampoo and Repairing Conditioner (samples I used up but wouldn't repurchase in full size; I actually have a couple more of these I need to use up),
-L'occitane Almond Delicious Hands Hand Cream (I really ended up loving this - it soaked in super fast and left a subtle scent on my skin),
-Bamford Geranium, Lavender and Peppermint Body Wash (nice and refreshing scent, but nothing special),
-Farmona Chocolate Body Butter and L'occitane Arlesiene Body Milk (both were lovely to use).
More 'essentials':
-Pack of scented tissues (I usually always keep a similar pack in my purse, even when I'm not travelling since they're always handy to have around),
-Essence Minis 2 go Hand & Body wipes (used them to refresh my hands on the go, but they were very average),
-Scholl Sensitiv Foot Balm (can't imagine walking around without having this around to apply at the end of day - it soothes the skin, moisturizes and helps with any blisters)
-Kiko Hand sanitizer (average hand sanitizer, it doesn't make my hands sticky after I apply it),
-Q-tips (always useful to have a couple around),
-Essence Oil control paper (I don't really like them, because when I use them to remove oil from my skin they also take off some of my make up, but I'm trying to use them up),
-Lip Smacker in Berry from their Frozen collection (really like the scent, but it's average at moisturizing the lips),
-2 perfume samples: I used up the Decleor one (a fresh, almost citrusy scent; ok for spring, but it only lasted about 2-3 hours on my skin, which is pretty bad) and have a little bit of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau Fraîche left (this is more of a fragrance I can see myself wearing in the spring/summer, but I'll report back once I use it up),
-Balea Sensitive Spray Deodorant (I really like the scent of this one and the packaging is handy to also keep in the purse, especially as the weather is warming up),
-Pez Mints (convenient to have in your purse at all times),
-Curaprox Ultra Soft Tootbrush (I've been using these for the past 4 or 5 years and they're well worth the price tag, since they're so gentle on the gums and come in fun colors) and my current toothpaste (haven't noticed any whitening effects yet).

On the first photo you can see that I also took my well-loved Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses, my passport, a random travel guide and reading material (can't go wrong with anything by Aaron Cometbus).

Overall, the trip was quite fun, but I was surprised at how pricey Copenhagen is. Well, after paying an exorbitant amount of money for rent in the Bay Area last year I shouldn't really be surprised by anything like this. I stopped at Sephora one too many times and also visited their drugstore Matas (similar to Muller around here, but offering a lot more skincare). I'll probably be sharing my haul next week (along with some travel photos if I find the time to edit everything).

What are some of your essentials you need to have with you when you're travelling?

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar