sreda, 06. maj 2015

L'Oreal Casting Sunkiss Jelly Review

Back in March I spotted something interesting on the shelves at the dm drugstore and decided to give it a try. I picked up the Casting Sunkiss Jelly from L'Oreal that is supposed to gradually lighten your hair, like the sun would naturally do in the summer. This product promises "Summer in a tube… with a long lasting, radiant glow" after just a couple of uses. I'm not too adventurous when it comes to my hair, so this seemed like a perfect no fuss option for getting highlights or an all over lighter hair color.

Apart for that one year in high school when I decided to dye my hair black/really dark brown (don't ask), I've been pretty happy with my natural hair color. Depending on the time of the year it ranges from golden light brown/dark blonde with lighter highlights, and my color gets lighter in the summer or in general with sun exposure. 
L'Oreal Casting Sunkiss Jelly comes for three different hair colors - Light Blonde to Very Light BlondeDark Blonde to Light Blonde and Light Brown to Dark Blonde, and I bought the middle shade. It's a no-rinse product so you should apply it to clean/first day hair either in small sections or all over, depending on the result you want. The jelly is pleasantly scented (fresh and floral, with peroxide only slightly detectable) and has a transparent or slightly yellowish color.
When I was using it I applied it both ways as described above on dry hair and then used a hairdryer, since the jelly is heat activated. It felt lightweight once applied and didn't weight my hair down. I used it about once a week and although the difference wasn't instant it certainly did lighten my hair after 5 or 6 uses. What's best about it - it didn't make the hair orange, but the highlights look really natural. On the box packaging there is an image of what kind of difference you can expect with use, but I think the change they show is much too drastic and you should expect something more subtle. It's supposed to be used on natural hair only. 
The L'Oreal Casting Sunkiss Jelly is available at dm and Boots.

6 komentarjev:

  1. Sem se že zaljubila med opisom in večkrat pogledala v trgovini, ko pa sem prišla do tvojega zadnjega stavka sem ugotovila da ni zame - natural hair :D Drugače pa se sliši super, čeprav sem imela občutek, da mora vsebovati peroksid, ki bi verjetno bil premočan za moje lase:).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Škoda, da ni tudi za pobarvane lase (sploh na rdeči barvi pomoje bi bilo dobrega rezultata) :/

      Izbriši
  2. This is such a good review. I'd love to try this product in the summer xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. This sounds cool, great review x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Podobne zadeve imajo tudi druge znamke. Jaz sem uporabljala sprej od Balee (ker je najcenejši in imajo po navadi dobre zadeve) in sem ombre temno-svetlo blond. Zgleda precej naravno.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. jaz sem si pa po pomoti kupla tistega za najtemnejšo barvo, ker je bil narobe na polički :( upam, da mi bo kaj posvetlil lase..če ne pa kupim še za čist blont lase :)

    Beauty of a Lemon

    OdgovoriIzbriši