ponedeljek, 11. maj 2015

Empty Products #5

I forgot to share my empties in April so this post is coming a bit late. I've actually used up a couple more items since I took these photos, but I'll share them in another post, so this one won't be too long.

I've used up my second bottle of Redken Extreme Shampoo. This is from their nourishing range suited for damaged hair that restores strength and adds shine (I reviewed all the products I was using here). I liked the fact that it didn't make my hair feel squeaky clean (which would make it excessively oily) and it added shine, but I feel like my hair gets used to shampoos if I use them for too long so I'll be trying something else in the future.
Another hair item that I used up was the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. I was really surprised that this basically did nothing to my hair and I was really glad I got this small size before foolishly committing to buying in full size, since it's pretty pricey. I have another small tube to use up, so I'll share my final thoughts when I use that one as well.
Sugar StripTease has quickly become my favourite hair removal product. It's a natural sugaring method and I don't experience any pain when I use it on my legs. I've already repurchased it.
I've also used up my second large Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. This is super gentle and suitable for sensitive skin. You can use it with or without water (wipe it off with a cotton pad), but it doesn't work that great at removing make up. I might repurchase it again in the future, but I found a new favourite cleanser last month.
Lancôme Galatéis Douceur was a product I didn't really like. It was a gift with purchase and it had a runny cleansing milk texture. It stung my eyes, but did an ok job at removing skin makeup. My preferred use was for removing swatches. I will not get the full size.
I also used up the Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream. It's a product targeted to de-puff and reduce dark circles. While it did that to some extent, I was actually expecting to see more than just an instant result. The cream itself was lightweight, not greasy and almost pearly, which helped with adding a brightening effect, but it didn't have a long term effect on my under eye area. I will not get the full size.
Boots Essentials Cleansing Wipes in Refreshing Cucumber were a nice addition to my line of make up removers. They did a great job at that, didn't leave a film on my skin or broke me out. I might get them again if I order something from Boots in the future. 
Another pack of wipes I always keep at hand are the Baby Love wipes from dm. I use them to clean my hands when I'm doing my makeup, to remove swatches, etc. They're also great for cleaning any leather products (shoes, bags,..) since they're so gentle, before applying a protecting gel/cream.
Le Petit Marseillais shower gels have quickly become a firm drugstore favourite of mine. This one in Cotton Milk and Poppy left my skin hydrated and actually stayed on the skin for a while after showering. I liked this scent and I have two different ones before I decide to repurchase.
Another hair removal product I used up was the Balea Warmwachs Roll-On in Wildberries scent. It did an ok job at removing the hair and came with a decent amount of removal strips, but the packaging disposed too much product and also leaked it. The wax was also super sticky to clean up. I won't repurchase.
Pairfum Cognac and Vanilla Candle was a really sweet and smokey scent perfect in the winter time and transitioning into spring. It lasted a decent amount of time and was pretty strong so it quickly filled up the room with the aroma. I'll probably get another one in the fall.
I used up another tube of Max Factor 2000 Calories Mascara. For the longest time this was the only mascara in my make up bag and I still always try to gave one back up. I've been repurchasing this since high school and I don't even want to think about how many I've repurchased so far.
I've been trying to use up some samples in my stash that have been there for too long, so I also used up the Institut Esthederm Cyclo System Eye Contour Youth Cream. This product is really expensive if you get it in the full size and I didn't see any noticeable difference when I was using it. It wasn't greasy and it sinked in quite fast. I obviously won't be cashing out on the full size.
I also finished up the Dontodent Pink Grapefruit Mouthwash. This is really gentle and doesn't sting my gums like Listerine can do. It was a limited edition product and I bought a back up when I first used it, because I liked it so much, so I'm set for a while.

Whew, these posts always turn out so long. Let me know if you've tried any of the mentioned products and what were your thoughts.

2 komentarja:

  1. I am just about to finish my Cetaphil cleanser as well! It was not bad but as you said, it doesn't really remove makeup that well :) also, even if it's supposed to be for sensitive skin I felt like it dried mine out sometimes x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. To me it actually felt hydrating once I washed/wiped it off :)

      Izbriši