petek, 01. maj 2015

April Favourites

April went by surprisingly fast and we're getting super close to summer (yaaay!). I tried a couple of new things last month and continued using some oldies and I'll be sharing all about it today.

One of the items that I keep forgetting to include in my monthly favourites is the Eau Thermale Avene - Thermal Spring Water Spray. I've been using it for a couple of months now and I think it's safe to say that it has become one of my skin care staples. The spray has a super fine mist and feels very refreshing, despite being unscented. I use it every time after washing my face in place of a toner, sometimes after applying make up to set it or just randomly during the day to add some hydration to my skin.
Another item that I added to my daily skin care is the Eau Extraordinaire Rose from Melvita. It's super lightweight, has an almost gel-like texture, soaks into the skin very quickly, doesn't make it greasy, etc. This is a sample size I got with purchase and has lasted me for quite a while already. 
By the end of last month I decided to switch up my cleanser and started using the African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser by Ole Henriksen and I still can't believe what a change it has made for my skin. My skin breaks out easily and I have a lot of red marks left (hyper pigmentation?) that usually take forever to disappear. Well, this cleanser has been super helpful with that and has also added a certain luminosity and radiance to my skin that was never present before. I never thought a cleanser could make such a difference!
In the make up front I've been loving the highlight from Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar Bronze & Glow Duo. I like applying it as your usual highlighter and also in my inner corner to make me look more awake. It can easily look overdone, so I make sure to use a light hand with it.
Another cheek product I loved was the Seductive Pink Creme Puff Blush from Max Factor - the color is pretty and flattering and it lasts on my skin for a really decent amount of time (7-8 hours).
For my brows I went back to using the Essence Eyebrow Designer in 05 Soft Blonde - it's easy to use and is a great color match for me. I would prefer if the texture was a little less waxy, though.
On my eyes I've been using either side (in shade Naked with Whiskey& Zero) of the Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil. I use the black to tightline and the brown on my outer waterline.
On the eyeshadow front I've started using the Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette from The Balm. It's an all matte palette with 9 warm and cool toned eyeshadows. I've especially been loving two shades inside - Matte Singh (warm peachy shade) and Matt Malloy (white shade). I'll have a review ready as soon as I test it a bit more.
Since I've bought and tried the new Terrana nail polish from Chanel it has not left my nails. It's a complex plummy brown shade with multi colored shimmer inside and is simply stunning.
I recently picked up a new Duo sharpener from Essence and though I would give it a mention - pretty much all of the pencils I have fit inside and it was really inexpensive for being such a basic and must have tool.
Another tool I've been loving is the Base shadow brush from Real Techniques. I use it to apply eyeshadow all over the lid, but it also works for blending. Too bad these are only sold in the Eyes Starter kit and not separately. 
What have you been loving in the past month?

5 komentarjev:

  1. Everyone seems to be in love with these new blushes by Max Factor! I really need to check them out :)

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, they're pretty great. If they're available where you're from or you can order online you should def check them out :)

      Izbriši
  2. Se tile Max factor blushi dobijo ze pri nas ?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Mislim, da jih še ni.. Jaz sem naročila na strani Boots.

      Izbriši