ponedeljek, 13. april 2015

Medex Apilana Hands Hand Cream Review

As a self proclaimed hand cream junkie I'm always on the hunt for my next favourite hand cream. I still haven't found *the one*, but several have come close. In the winter time my hands get especially dry to the point where my cuticles are cracked and bleeding (aka no nail polish for me :(). To some extent using a good hand cream can somewhat prevent this. One of the last hand creams that left me impressed was the Apilana hands Hand cream from Medex (a local company that makes honey products).

This hand cream is made from beeswax, shea butter and passionflower oil. Beeswax serves as a barrier for the nourishing and moisturizing ingredients (shea butter) and keeps the skin from dehydration. This product is also formulated without parabens, paraffin oil, silicones and perfumes.
The product comes in a white carton box, and the tube inside contains 50 ml of product for around 4 eur. It is best to use on normal and dry skin. The cream itself is white colored and feels light weigh. Once applied it absorbs fairly quickly into the skin, leaving behind a slight film, which is not greasy. The scent is a blend of a citrusy fragrance and honey. If your hands are super dry this is not the treatment for you, but if your skin is somewhere between normal and dry this would work perfectly. I usually apply it several times daily after washing my hands and I feel like it works great, providing a barrier on the skin so it doesn't dry out. As an overnight treatment this wasn't rich enough in the winter/early spring time, but this might change with the season as well.
I bought mine at their store in Ljubljana, but Medex products are also available online, at DM and Hofer.

4 komentarji:

  1. I'm a total hand cream junkie too.. My current favourites is from L'Occitane, highly recommend it :)
    xo, Jessie

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I have the L'Occitane one in my stash as well, and I love it :)

      Izbriši
  2. I received this in a swap and fell absolutely in love with it. Bad thing is I live in the US and it's not available to me. :( Amazon has 1 for a wopping $20!! And isn't it about $4 in Slovenia? I wish I new of anything similar do you know of a dupe?! I would die.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. That's too bad, overhere it's priced pretty affordably. I'm sorry but I don't know of any dupes, maybe you can ask the person who sent it to you in the first place or contact the brand on social media if they could ship it to the US :)

      Izbriši