torek, 07. april 2015

Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Effect in '98 Creamy Beige' Review

Creamy eyeshadows are my latest obsession. It all started with Maybelline's On and On Bronze Color Tattoo a while ago and recently I've added a number of creamy eyeshadows to my collection, the latest one being Maybelline's Leather Effect Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige.

I loved the original formula of Maybelline's Color Tattoo eyeshadows that have been around for a while now and I was excited to try out the Leather Effect formula, promising the same longevity and color intensity. The packaging is the same, but I feel like the formula has improved and is even smoother and more creamy, compared to my two other Color Tattoos (they are about two years old, so it could be that the product has dried a bit).
Creamy beige is a perfect everyday eyeshadow that can be used on it's own or as a base for layering other products, be it creams (something like Kiko's Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows) or powders. On it's own it last for about 6 hours on my oily lids, before it starts to crease, but with a primer or set with powder eyeshadows it lasts for over 10 hours, before losing it's intensity/creasing. At the end of the day it's easily removed with any make up remover.
It's smooth to apply and layer, and blends easily. I usually just use my fingertips to apply it, but you can also use a brush. I apply it all over the lid in a thin layer and slowly build up color, with adding slightly more product in the crease (if I'm not using anything else). For a simple everyday look the color looks lovely on it's own, with some added mascara or winged liner.
'98 Creamy Beige' is a medium brown, but the finish is not completely matte, rather a satiny-matte.
Swatched/Blended out Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Effect 98 Creamy Beige:
Comparisons with some other creamy eyeshadows for color reference (click on the names to read reviews):
L-R:
Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Effect 98 Creamy Beige
These are not available at our drugstores so I ordered mine online from Boots and it's been on my lids pretty much everyday since I got it (I also featured it in my March Favourites), and I would highly recommend it.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows are available in regular and leather formulas from Boots and Ulta.

3 komentarji:

  1. Kakšen lep nevtralen odtenek :) Nimam nič podobnega. Vprašanje, če bodo tile novi odtenki sploh pri nas.

    V tisti Rimmel svinčnik sem se še zapičila. Prekrasen je :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Pomoje bo še nekaj časa trajalo dokler jih bodo imeli pri nas. Res je super odtenek in izdelek na splošno, se ga kar ne naveličam :)

      Izbriši
  2. I LOVE On and On Bronze but haven't tried the leather effect line yet, looks interesting!
    xo, Jessie

    OdgovoriIzbriši