sobota, 25. april 2015

e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in 'Black' and 'Copper' Review & Swatches

For the longest time the only eyeliner I used was in the pencil form and then I slowly transitioned to liquid liner (I still love the one from Stila) and now my latest obsession has become gel liner. I picked up two Cream Eyeliners from e.l.f. in Black and Copper a while ago but I never got to really use them a lot, because every brush I had was too flimsy to use.

e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliners come in a small transparent plastic packaging with a black lid. I got mine from the UK site which is apparently being redone at the moment, so you can't order anything from them. There is 4,7 grams of product inside and you also get a small angled brush. Since this was really the first time I tried gel liner I found the brush too big and thick to do a thin, even line, but it might work for you. Instead I used the liner with a small and super thin angled brush from Essence.
The formula of these eyeliners promises to be waterproof, long wearing and smudge proof. From my experience of wearing both all these claims are true. The black eyeliner doesn't come off in the shower and stays on my lids for 12 hours. They are both nicely pigmented and smooth to apply. I also like the consistency of the product - not too dry or too wet to apply evenly. Using it for a while now, I find it easier to apply than liquid liner in pen form - it's much easier to create an even line.
The Black color is truly black and dries to a matte finish. Copper is a warm medium brown with golden micro shimmer. This one can be used as a usual, but more subtle, liner or as an eyeshadow base/color all over the lid. It sets after about a minute and doesn't budge until I remove it with micellar water/cleansing oil.
 Swatches:
My attempts at creating a winged line (the mascara I used was one coat of Benefit's Roller Lash - so far I really like it):
The only downside to using gel liner is the fact that you have to wash the brush after each use, but other than that I really like using this. I've had both pots for about 3 months now and they haven't dried out. Another plus - e.l.f. products are not tested on animals.

I've tried a couple of products from e.l.f. so far and really liked all of them. I hope they get their European site back and running soon, because I'm looking forward to trying more items - I hear their brushes are also pretty nice. Let me know if you have any recommendations for e.l.f. products that I should try out.

The e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner is available in 10 different shades on their website.

4 komentarji:

  1. Ti linerji so res odlični. Jaz imam dva in sicer coffe in plum purple. Mi je všeč, da imajo več odtenkov in da so tako dolgo obstojni. Poleg tega pa je cena res več kot odlična. Zdaj mi je všeč tudi ta copper:))

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res so super. Upam, da bo Evropska/UK stran kmalu spet na voljo, da preizkusim še kak njihov izdelek. :)

      Izbriši
  2. I really like the copper winged eyeliner - a variation on a classic look!

    OdgovoriIzbriši