sreda, 11. marec 2015

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color Set - Review & Swatches

Back when I posted my January Favourites I mentioned I'll be reviewing the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks soon and now this is finally happening! I got a set of mini Caviar Sticks back in December and I've been wearing them almost everyday since - so you can already guess that I like them a lot.
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color pencils are twist up creamy eyeshadows. The set I purchased included 6 beautiful neutrals in Rosegold, Copper, Moonlight, Khaki, Amethyst and Cocoa. I love all the shades included and have been using them in different combinations since I got them. The colors are versatile, flattering and the formula is easy to work with. 
They are very pigmented and the formula is creamy and easy to blend. The colors are buildable and you can easily control the amount you want on the lids - you can either wear them all over the lid straight from the tube or blended as a sheer wash of color. Once on the lid you can choose to blend them with your finger (the color doesn't transfer much) or a brush and they take around 2 minutes to set, giving me enough time to build the color slowly. The shades can be used in a variety of ways: a single shade alone all over the lid, as liner, multiple colors layered together or with other powder eyeshadows. 
I usually apply them over a base (Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion) and once they set they stay put and don't budge or lose their intensity for over 12 hours. I tried wearing them without a primer and they stayed on the lids without creasing between 8-9 hours. They easily come off with Bioderma's Micellar Water.
Each Mini Caviar Stick contains 1 g of product while full sized contain 1,64 g, so this set was a great value purchase and I couldn't be happier with the shades they included.
Rosegold is a soft shimmery champagne
Amethyst is a soft shimmery mauve purple
Moonlight is a warm shimmery taupe
Copper is a warm shimmery copper
Khaki is a neutral khaki metallic
Cocoa is a chocolate dark brown with a hint of shimmer

I can't decide for just one shade, but my favourite combo lately has been wearing Amethyst all over the lid, Cocoa in the crease and outer corner and Rosegold as an inner lid highlighter. I'm very happy with this set and would recommend you trying it out if you get very lucky and come across any sets that are still available.

All of the mentioned shades (+ a number of others) are available as single sticks from Sephora or Net-a-porter.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar