ponedeljek, 02. marec 2015

February Favourites

Today I'll be sharing last month's favourites with you. February went by really quickly and I almost feel like I wrote the last favourites post two weeks ago. In the past month I've tried a couple of new things but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call them favourites just yet, so they'll need to go through some more testing. A couple of items I've kept loving from the past month (or two) and I'll also feature them at the end of the post.

I've been keeping my body care pretty simple. I love using the Le Petit Marseillais shower gel in Lait. It has a slight milky scent that is very clean and reminds me of L'Occitane's Shea Butter hand cream. I really like their Cotton & Poppy Milk shower gel as well.  For nourishing my skin I've been using Nivea's Cocoa Butter Body Milk. It has a soft creamy texture, soaks into the skin really quickly and smells amazing. A huge surprise for me was the Sugar scrub from Afrodita Cosmetics. The texture is gritty and infused with shea butter which leaves the skin super soft and nourished afer use - it actually leaves a film on the skin, like from using an in-shower conditioner, so there's no need for a second product once you wash it off. It does make the shower slightly slippery though. For removing make up I've been staying faithful to my old time favourite Bioderma Micellar Water. You can get it in different sizes and the bottle lasts a really long time, so it's definitely worth getting. Another pleasant surprise was the Sugar Strip Ease, a natural hair removal system. I've been using this since December and it's really simple to use and what's best about it - it's not painful.
In the past couple of months I developed a serious candle obsession. I like using them from different price ranges and sometimes even find pretty good ones at the drugstore (sometimes they have really nice tea lights), but this month I've been in love with burning my Diptyque Santal Candle. It smells amazing - woody, smokey and warm, fills the room quickly and burns evenly. It's unconvenient that we don't have their boutique near by because scents are usually very specific and it's hard ordering them online. I'm really interested into their fragrances as well and would love to try the Eau Duelle.
For the most of the month I've been keeping my skin foundation free so I needed another SPF protectant. The Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion with SPF 30 is a great lightweight sun screen that doesn't make my skin look white or make it oily. I apply it over moisturizer and it soaks into the skin quickly. I always set my base and concealer with powder and I've been loving the ELF Mineral Booster. While it doesn't provide much coverage, it somehow instantly makes my skin appear better looking and also keeps it from getting too shiny. Three old favourites I've kept using are Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette (you can't beat it's quality and versatility) and their Eyeshadow Primer Potion (the best for powder and creamy eyeshadows). For my under eye concealer I've been using Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in 03 Fair and I could probably feature this one every month, because I love it so much. For my brows I switched up my Anastasia Brow Wiz and started using Make me Brow from Essence in 01 Blondy Brows. It's a tinted eyebrow gel with added fibers and with a couple of swipes my brows instantly look better. For everyday it's good to use on it's own, but if I want to make them bolder and add more definition I need another product. My favourite eyeliner brush lately has been from EcoTools and it works great with powders or cream products. It draws a fine line and is cut at a perfect angle.
Besides these products I've also been loving Laura Mercier's Caviar sticks (shades: Amethyst, Cocoa & Rosegold) and Max Factor's Excess Shimmer (review) in Copper that I already mentioned in my last months post. Besides them another favourite has been the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette (especially the shade Incandescent Electra). I don't think I've touched another blush since I got this palette last year, so it was a great buy.

Let me know in the comments what products you enjoyed using in the past month.

5 komentarjev:

  1. Santal is one of my favorites for sure! Aldo, can't live without my bioderma.
    xo
    Maria // Fox and Arrow

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Veš kaj me zanima, kje kupuješ ta korektor od Maybelline? Ker v Sloveniji se ga ne dobi ane?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Imajo ga na spletni strani FeelUnique (http://www.feelunique.com/p/Maybelline-New-York-Eraser-Eye-Concealer-6-8ml), sicer sem pa svojega kupila v dm v Avstriji. Pri nas ga pa na žalost nimajo.

      Izbriši
  3. A res, tukaj sem pa že naročala, ga bom pa zdaj res, ker povsod slišim same pohvale! Hvala ti! :) Lp, Tina

    OdgovoriIzbriši