sreda, 25. marec 2015

Empty Products #4

Today I have another bunch of empty products to share, including skin care, hair care, body care and make up. I've been pretty good at using up products and have been posting these monthly and I hope to continue doing so.

Wella Wellaflex Volume 4 Hairspray
I bought this one in a travel friendly size and used it up surprisingly fast. The scent wasn't too strong and the hairspray added some volume to my hair without making it crunchy (I hate that!), but didn't hold it for too long. This was an alright everyday product but I need to use up other similar products before I think about repurchasing it.
This shampoo was supposed to give my hair texture I'd get from using a sea salt spray (or a day spent at a lovely Californian beach in the summer) but it didn't deliver. My hair is pretty flat so any major difference from using the shampoo only is probably impossible. I liked the scent that somehow reminded me of summer, and the fact that it did add some volumes to my hair. It lathered up nicely and didn't leave my hair stripped after washing (I did notice that my ends were getting a bit dry). Maybe I should've also been using the conditioner from the same line for a better result. I wouldn't repurchase.
This has been my go-to leave in treatment for the past two + years. It helps detangle hair and keeps it from breaking and splitting. The scent isn't too strong and it doesn't make my hair greasy. I've repurchased it several times already but currently want to use up other products before I decide to get it again.
This had an amazing vanilla scent, similar thick consistency to other The Body Shop's butters and felt really nice on the skin. It was a part of their Christmas/Holiday Collection so I'm unsure if it's still available, but I would probably want to repurchase this in a bigger size.
My go-to mask for clearing my skin in the past couple of months. It works wonders on the skin, helps with breakouts and can be used as a scrub as well. I've already repurchased it.
This had a jelly like consistency and was great to use, but I feel like it left my skin a bit dry. I normally prefer my body scrubs to have a bit bigger particles inside so you can actually feel a difference after using it. This smelled amazing, almost good enough to eat. Since it's on the pricier side I would not repurchase it, but I'm interested to try out other scrubs from TBS.
Essence 24h Hand Protection Balm in Cookies and Almond:
This was a very basic hand cream. I was using it at work where I work with a lot of paper and have to reapply hand cream several times daily, or else my skin gets terribly dry, especially my cuticles. This one soaked in quickly, smelled nice (a bit artificial like cherries), but didn't do much else. For the price it was alright, but I wouldn't buy it again.
I absolutely hated the scent on this one, by the time I was done with it. I've mentioned before that I bought one of their sets with travel sized hand creams and none of them impressed me much. This one felt hydrating and soaked into the skin quickly, but the scent was way too strong and sickeningly fruity.
This foot balm is a true miracle. I try to apply it every night after I shower and by morning it helps diminish any blisters and heals rubbed skin. I always take it with me when I travel if I intend to walk a lot. If you wear heels or spend a lot of time standing and walking around I highly recommend you give it a try. It's unscented. I've been using it for a couple of years now and will repurchase again.
Tea tree oil is a great product that can be used for many different skin issues. I've mainly been using it to treat blemishes (& mosquito bites in the summer) and is one of the staple items I use almost everyday. There was nothing wrong with this particular product but I repurchased it from another brand, mainly because it came in a bigger packaging (30 ml instead of 10 ml).
Nuxe Eau Demaquillante Micellaire (Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals)
I've been using Bioderma's Micellar water for ages so my expectations for any similar product meant to remove make up and cleanse the skin are set pretty high. This one wasn't as effective at removing make up, especially around the eyes, but I still enjoyed using it because of the gentle rose scent and and the fact that it didn't feel like it was stripping my skin. I wouldn't buy it in full size, but wouldn't mind using it again if it came in a travel set like this one did.
It's been my go to moisturizer for about two years now. My skin is oily, sensitive and prone to breakouts and this moisturizer feels great on my skin all year round. In the past weeks I've been using some other products, but I keep another tube in my stash, just in case something new doesn't work out for me.
Yes to Carrots Lip Balm - this was a great hydrating lip balm. It had a sweet carrot scent and was transparent. I really liked it as a light night treatment or during the day. I have a ton of lip balms to use up before I even start thinking of getting another one, but this one defenitely belongs on the repurchase list.
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer: this is hands down one of the best under eye concealers, especially considering the price. The shade selection is very limited in Europe, but there's more to choose from in the States. I've been using this product since I first got it last spring and I don't think I'll be trying anything else for a while. I've used up the shade 03 - Fair which is still brightening enough for my complexion. The sponge applicator applies the right amount of product and once I set it with some powder it doesn't budge. I've already repurchased it.
Mineral veil has been my go to setting powder for about two years now. I love using their mineral foundation and they work great together, but this one can also be used to set the concealer or other foundations. I recently wrote a post comparing it to ELF's mineral booster which I'm currently using. Even though I really like using ELF's powder I'll probably still repurchase this one once I use it up, but it will proobably be the version with added SPF.

Have you tried any of the mention products?

5 komentarjev:

  1. Se popolnoma strinjam glede Age Rewind korektorja :) Definitvno je najboljši korektor za pod oči :)
    Tole Scholl kremo moram preizkusit :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res je super. Mislim, da bi morali Maybelline Slovenija poslati eno peticijo, naj kak 'novejši' izdelek pričnejo prodajati pri nas, npr celotno Fit Me linijo ali pa tiste obstojne Gel lake za nohte.
      Scholl kremo zelo priporočam. Lani sem jo posodila prijatelju, ko sva skupaj potovala in je mislil, da gre za lekarniški izdelek, ker je tako učinkovita :)

      Izbriši
    2. Maybelline se mora res zresnit glede ponudbe pri nas. Še vedno čakam Color Drama svinčnike, na Hrvaškem so pa kar že nekaj mesecev na voljo :/

      Danes sem iskala Scholl kremo v Dm-u, pa je niso imeli. Kje jo pa kupuješ?

      Izbriši
    3. Res škoda, da ne lansirajo izdelkov istočasno kot drugje. :( Sicer pa niso edini pri nas glede tega.

      Scholl kremo ponavadi kupim v Mullerju, tako da še tam preveri. :)

      Izbriši
    4. Hvala :) Bom šla še tam pogledat :)

      Izbriši