sreda, 11. februar 2015

Winter Skincare Routine

Today I wanted to share my winter skin care routine. I’ve been using most of these products for a while now so they’ve been well tried and tested and have been working great at keeping my skin hydrated during winter.
First step is choosing the right cleanser and since it’s winter time investing in an item that works as a 'double duty' product is a great idea. Cleansing oils, balms or cream cleansers do a great job at removing make up and impurities while also balancing and nourishing the skin, because skin cells no longer have to overcompensate to produce more oil. Lately I've either been using the Cleansing Oil from L'Occitane or Camomile Cleansing Butter from The Body Shop. I always make sure to use a second cleanser after, so all impurities and make up is really removed. I've been reaching for the Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay from First Aid Beauty the most.
Next step is using a toner and my favourites for a while have been different hydrating facial sprays. They are great to use after cleansing the skin/removing make up, or just to freshen up the skin any time during the day, even after you've applied make up, to help it set. I don't usually reach for rose-scented products but Mario Badescu's Facial Spray has been a pleasant surprise. It sprays an even mist and feels very nice and refreshing on the skin.
As the temperature drops, a serum, applied under your usual moisturizer, targets your exact skin care concerns as well as adding intense hydration to your skin. My go-to product for the past couple of months has been the Vitamin E Serum from The Body Shop - it soaks into the skin quickly, doesn't make the skin oily but leaves it soft and hydrated.
In the evening I love using the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate (facial oil) with or instead of a moisturizer (in the mornings I usually only use a lightweight moisturizer - Origins' GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer & Refreshing Eye Cream). Despite my skin being on the oily side (& acne prone) using oils has only been beneficial for my skin, especially now in colder months. 
A very important step is taking care of the lips. Mine can get terribly dry, so I make sure to use a lip balm that hydrates and nourishes. I've tried many and have recently returned to using Reve de Miel from Nuxe
Another boost of moisture for the skin you can find in using a hydrating foundation/concealer or a BB/CC cream with these benefits. I've been trying out The Balm's Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer for a couple of weeks now and so far I really like it.
Besides my lips, my hands and especially cuticles can get very dry. One of the solutions is wearing (leather) gloves that protect hands against the cold and wind, but adding a nourishing hand cream is also essential. I've been loving the classic Shea Butter Hand Cream from L'Occitane that I use several times each day.

Let me know in the comments if you're using any of the mentioned products and how they're working out for you. Also feel free to share any recommendations for your favourite products you use in the winter time.

5 komentarjev:

  1. Great routine and these products look amazing!! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I love that body shop vitamin E serum, it's so hydrating yet light weight. The cleansing balm is next on my list. x

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I absolutely love The Body Shop products and your routine sounds very smart! You may want to try their oats and honey face mask, it is so good : )
    xox,
    Céline blogging on http://smultronstaellen.blogspot.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thanks for your recommendation. I'll have a look next time I get a chance to visit The Body Shop again :)

      Izbriši
  4. I have seen a few of these products mentioned again and again ( Kiehls Midnight Recovery & L'Occitane products) and I am definitely starting to think I should make an investment!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši