ponedeljek, 02. februar 2015

January Favourites

Another months has gone by and since I didn't do a monthly favourites post last December this feels like ages ago! This month I've mainly included new to me products - some I've loved using all though out December and some since January.

Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Nail polish in Rose Poudre - I got this polish in January and fell in love with the shade since I first used it! It doesn't really last on me for 7 days, but it stays on for at least 5, with some minor tip wear. The shade is a perfect neutral pinkish mauve and looks very flattering on me. That's why I've worn it for the majority of the month.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum- This serum has become a true staple in my skin care routine since I got it. I use it each morning and it helps to lock in moisture so I can keep using the same moisturizer with a lighter formula I would normally only use in the summer. It also helps with my oiliness and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
Pairfum Cognac & Vanilla Candle - In December I kept burning my beloved Diptyque Résine candle and even though it's still winter I wanted something warmer to burn in January and this woody-vanilla-cognac scent is perfect. I only wish this came in a glass packaging instead of a tin. So far it's also burning pretty evenly.
Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - My lips have been terrible in the past month due to cold weather so this has been a life saver! I use it every second or third morning and then apply a generous amount of lip balm over it.
Alverde Body Butter in Aloe Vera & Mango Butter - I picked up the set of 3 minis and actually love using all three of them, but I still find myself reaching for this fruity scent the most.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask - This is a lightweight mask meant to calm down and nourish the skin. It smells so nice, but it's not overwhelming, hydrates and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It is on the pricier side but totally worth the splurge because you only need a tiny bit for the whole face so it should last a pretty long time. I've tried quite a few FAB products last year and have only good things to say about them.
Figs & Rouge Rose Balm - This is a multi-use product that I mainly use as a long lasting lip balm and for my cuticles. It has a gel texture and a lovely subtle rose scent. If I use it on the lips in the evening it stays there until the morning. 
L'Occitane Cleansing Oil - I shared my love for this oil recently and have grown to love it even more. I use it everyday to remove my make up in the evening and it works great at removing it, even around the eyes, leaving my skin soft and hydrated.
Nivea Intensive Care - I had this weird rash on my neck at the beginning of January and this Baby cream was a life saver. I love the gentle scent that reminds me of baby powder and the thick texture feels very nourishing for the skin. I've also used it as a hand cream and I love it, but it does leave a greasy film on the hands that takes a couple of minutes to soak in completely.
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color in Khaki and Moonlight - I picked up a Christmas set of 6 Mini Caviar Sticks in December and have been using them since. At the moment my favourites are Khaki (all over the lid or as a liner) and Moonlight (as a inner eye highlight). These have amazing staying power and pigmentation. I'm working on a full review and will post it shortly, so stay tuned!
Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Copper - another recent launch that has become a staple in my makeup routine. I apply it all over the lid as a shimmery base and then add eyeshadow or just eyeliner and it looks like I really put more effort into applying make up in the morning. I'll also be featuring a full review on this soon.
Have you discovered any new and exciting products this month? Feel free to share them in the comments below.

1 komentar: