ponedeljek, 23. februar 2015

Empty Products #3

Today I wanted to share another post containing products I've used up recently. There are skin care, body care and even a couple of make up items - I'm always the happiest when I use up one of those.
Dove Fine Silk Beauty Cream Wash - I was using this as hand soap and I loved the way it made my hands feel. Too often hand washes/soaps can feel very drying but this one left my hands soft and nicely scented. It also lasted for quite a while. I would repurchase.
Yes to Carrots Super Rich Body Butter - I loved using this because it made my skin feel super soft and nourished. It smelled really nice too and didn't remind me of carrots at all. The travel size was convenient to use up. I will repurchase this in bigger size.
Palmer's Coconut Body Butter (review) - I liked using this because it wasn't too greasy, but I wasn't the biggest fan of the somewhat artificial coconut scent. I've used up a couple of Palmer's body lotions/butters before and I much prefer the Cocoa butter scent and feel on my skin. I wouldn't repurchase.
Nuxe Body Fondant Shower Gel - I think I found my favourite shower gel! This has the most incredible scent of sweet almonds with a fresh floral touch, foams up nicely, leaves the skin incredibly soft, while the scent actually lingers on the skin for a couple of hours even if you don't use a body lotion/milk after. When layered with the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil the scent becomes a complex sweet and seductive mixture, and you don't even need a perfume if you use it for a night out. I'll repurchase in full size as soon as I use up a couple of my other shower gels.
Kozmetika Afrodita Rich Care Aroma Hand Cream - judging from their website this little gem has been discontinued, but I loved using it. It had a lovely sweet and nutty, shea and cocoa butter, scent; once applied to my hands it soaked in really fast and didn't leave a greasy layer. Since I can't find it anywhere I'll probably try out other products from their hand care line and report back if I can find anything similar that I like.
Another Hand Cream that I love and have repurchased multiple times already is Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream. This has a light weight consistency which is surprisingly nourishing and hydrating for the hands. It instantly soaks into the skin and leaves a protective layer (not greasy) that stays on the skin surprisingly long. I think this one easily fits into my top 5 hand creams I've tried so far.
Boots Simply Sensitive Face Wipes - these wipes were unscented and removed make up surprisingly well. They didn't irritate my skin or broke me out, and didn't leave any residue on my skin or make it dry. I'll probably repurchase when I order something from Boots again (can someone please lower their shipping fee on international site?).
First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser - this one has to be one of my favourite cleansers and FAB products! When I first started using it I was a bit sceptical, but it turned out to be great at removing make up (even around the eyes) and other impurities on the skin, without irritating it (it's not completely unscented though). You need a tiny bit for the entire face so it lasted me for a really long time. I'm currently using their Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay and I don't like it as much, so once I'm done with it I'll be repurchasing this one.
Lush 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion - I've repurchased this many times already and for a while this was the product I swore by for removing make up and cleansing the skin. It has a gentle scent, takes off make up with ease and doesn't make the skin greasy or dry. I'll probably repurchase again some time in the future. 
Lancome Hydra Zen Neurocalm Moisturising Cream - This moisturizer had a weirdly thick texture and whenever I applied it too close to my eyes they started watering like crazy. It didn't break me out and I also didn't notice any other positive results. I used up this lux sample size (15 ml) but I wouldn't get it in full size.
Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Matifying Fluid - this moisturizer had a very light weight texture and was almost too light to use in the late fall/early winter. Using a serum helped, but I feel like it would be perfect for the summer. It kept the oiliness under control for about 6 hours and was a great base for applying make up. I have more of these samples to use up (they're very generous with them at Leposana) so I'll wait after I use them up to see if I want to get it in full size.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin - I love using the original Primer Potion but when I tried this one I completely fell in love. The staying power was equally great (12+ hours without creasing) but what I loved so much about it was the fact that this was a shimmering champagne base so more often than not I used this instead of an eyeshadow or with some eyeliner and defined crease. I have more of these samples to use up (they last really long, because you only need a tiny bit) and then I'll repurchase it in full size.
bareMinerals Original Mineral Foundation in Fairly Light - I've mentioned this before that this is my absolutely favourite foundation out there. It can be a bit fussy to apply but it's worth the extra time, because it leaves the skin with the most natural finish. I've repurchased it already.
Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara - the brush on this mascara was ginormous. It took some getting used to, but even with time I would still often poke myself in the eye or smudge it on my lid. The formula somewhat delivered but it only looked good on my lashes if I wore three coats (with 2 it didn't hold the curl). It was fairly easy to remove (not the waterproof version). I wouldn't repurchase.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla - my holy grail! It covers blemishes and redness perfectly and once set with powder it stays in place all day. One of the positive sides is also the perfect shade match - before I got it I could hardly ever get a concealer that wasn't too yellow for me. I've already repurchased it.
GlamGlow Youthmud Treatment - This was a repurchase from Sephora, because I loved the first pot so much I had to get another one I'd use back at home. I'm on my third pot right now and I've continued to use it for about a year and lately prefer it as spot treatment. I think my skin kind of got used to it and it doesn't deliver as well as I remember it from the first use. The smaller pot is great if you want to give it a try but I feel like there are better (cheaper!) alternatives out there.

Congrats if you got all the way through this post! Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products and what your thoughts were.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar