petek, 30. januar 2015

Empty products #2

Another month, another empties post. I actually have another bag that is quickly filling up with used up items so there will be another similar post coming up in a couple of weeks, because I don't want to make this too long.

Korres Japanese Rose Shower Gel - I liked this shower gel a lot, mainly because of the fragrance. It washed off nicely without leaving a residue and left my skin feeling really soft and with a pleasant scent. I would repurchase if I got in on offer again (like 2 for 1), but otherwise it's pretty pricey for a shower gel.
Yes to Carrots Shower Gel - I really liked this one. I purchased a couple of travel sized items from this line and have been very pleased with everything I've used. The scent was somewhat sweet, it didn't really remind me of carrots, and left my skin feel very soft. I would repurchase in full size.
The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter - Oh my! This body butter was so good! I got it while I was in San Francisco and tried to use it sparingly so it would last a bit longer. I'd love to try other items from this line and would definitely repurchase this.
Burt's Bees Almond and Milk Hand Cream - I wasn't the biggest fan of the scent since I first tried it and I didn't grow to like it as I kept using it. This hand cream was on the greasier and thicker side, so it was best used in the evening before bed. Although it was effective, I would probably not repurchase.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - a very gentle face cleanser suitable for sensitive skin. It is soap and paraben free, without any noticeable scent. It does not remove make up, but other wise works great and leaves my skin soft and hydrated. I've already repurchased this one.
Crabtree & Evelyn Avocado Hand Cream - I've purchased one of their sets with multiple hand creams last year and gave a couple of them away as gifts and also kept a few for myself, since I'm a hand cream junkie and use up a ton of them. This one left me pretty unimpressed, but I did like the Gardeners Hand Therapy one more. I would not repurchase.
Ellis Faas E401 Mascara (review) - I really enjoyed using this one. It worked great at adding volume and length to my lashes, without making them clumpy. I would repurchase this sometime in the future, but there are other mascaras I want to try first.
Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm - This lip balm lasted me ages and although it was really good (comparable to Nuxe's Reve de Miel) I was so happy to finally use it up and toss it out. I loved the sweet, honey and vanilla, scent and the way it made my lips feel. I have a ton of other lip balms I need to use up first, but this will definitely find a place in my collection soon again.
Balea Lovely Berries Dry Shampoo - I loved the sweet berry scent of this dry shampoo, but the product itself left me underwhelmed. It sprayed out very white and was visible even on my blonde hair. The nozzle also broke when I was close to finishing it and that made the dry shampoo spray all over my palm. I'm really happy that dry shampoos are finally more readily available, because I don't want to over wash my hair and using dry shampoo comes in as a very useful solution. When using dry shampoo I usually spray it on my hair the night before, so it really soaks up all the grease and brush my hair in the morning. I wouldn't repurchase this one.
Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie - this candle smells so good! I think it makes me hungry every time I sniff it! Unfortunately I wasn't too happy with it, because there is about 3 cm of wax left inside but I can't burn it anymore. Yankee candles aren't the cheapest around so I probably won't repurchase any of their candles in the near future, because I was really disappointed with this. 
Joya mini Âmes Sœurs Roll-On Parfum - I got this in one of the Beauty boxes from Net-a-porter and whenever I applied it and forgot I was wearing it though out the day I would often wonder what was it about me that smelled so nice and it was always this. I'm not the best at describing scents but I always know if I like a fragrance from the first moment. This has notes of Orange Blossom and Cedarwood and has a bit of a masculine vibe, but even now that the roll on is empty I keep smelling it. I probably will repurchase this.

Have you tried any of the mentioned products? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

3 komentarji:

  1. lovely blog post had a great read :)

    love your blog :)

    new post –> http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ would love to see a comment

    My blogloving https://www.bloglovin.com/people/jadebevan-5833747 i follow everyone back who follows me :)

    have a nice day

    Jade

    xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I love Cetephil it's so nice and gentle on the skin!!
    Katherine |Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Christmas cookie is one of my fave scents from Yankee Candle x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    OdgovoriIzbriši