petek, 16. januar 2015

Barry M Natural Glow Palette - Review & Swatches

Today I wanted to share my thoughts about the Barry M Natural Glow Palette that I bought from Asos a couple of months ago. It contains 6 eyeshadows and a blush, nicely packaged in a sturdy small cardboard palette with a magnet that keeps it closed. Included are also two applicators, but they are pretty much useless, and a decent sized mirror.

If you're familiar with the Urban Decay Naked palettes a couple of the shades included here might seem a bit familiar, but I'm unsure if they're real dupes. If you're on a mission to get a neutral eyeshadow palette and were considering both options, this one is certainly a lot more affordable (£6.50 vs. £37 for Naked palettes), looks really pretty and performs decently, especially considering the price.
The formula of the eyeshadows is soft but there is quite some fall out. They blend nicely and work great together for creating neutral and work/school appropriate and wearable looks. I particularly love the two matte shades but others are just 'ok' for me. Since I'm used to wearing mid-priced and high end make up I can easily be left unimpressed by what some of the more affordable products have to offer.
The shades don't have any special names, so I'll describe them L-R:
Shade 1 - shimmery pink
Shade 2 - matte light cream
Shade 3 - matte light brown
Shade 4 - shimmery greyish brown
Shade 5 - shimmery bronze
Shade 6 - shimmery medium/dark brown
Blush - shimmery pale baby pink (can also be used as a highlighter eyeshadow)
Swatches:
I feel like this palette would be great for someone who's new to make up. The eyeshadows aren't as pigmented as I'd want them to be (mostly Shades 1 & 4) so if you already own something similar you might want to pass up on this. It is available from Asos.
Let me know in the comments what your thoughts are if you own this palette or what is your favourite neutral eyeshadow palette.

4 komentarji:

  1. Pozdravljena. Nominirala sem te za Liebster award, za blogerke :) več si lahko prebeš tukaj: http://lindatargaryen.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I love this palette, such pretty colours :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. It looks good!

    xx
    Christina S.
    http://bychristina.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Nice colours like the palette :)
    http://www.xorosiejanxo.blogspot.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši