sreda, 03. december 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lightning Blush Palette - Review & Swatches

I've mentioned this palette a few weeks ago in my Wishlist/Gift Guide post and decided to get it as a treat for myself. I was planning on getting the Mood Exposure blush by itself around the time when they announced Hourglass was coming out with this limited edition palette so I decided to wait and get it, because of it's better value. The palette features three shades of Ambient Lighting Blush that create seamless, soft-focus and multidimensional colour.

Two of the shades (Luminous Flush and Mood Exposure) are also available as single blushes and Incandescent Electra is exclusive to this palette. Each pan is smaller than the full size of a single Hourglass blush, but there's still plenty of product inside (Let's be honest, how often does one use up a full sized blush?). The blushes are handmade and each features a different amount of blush coloring pigment and finishing lightning powder and I'm really happy with the combination I got. The shades are also perfect for mixing and using together and making them even more unique. All the shades are nicely pigmented, soft and finely milled, and look flattering and glowy on the skin, giving it a natural 'lit from within' appearance. 
The blushes are beautiful to look at and I just love the marble effect on them. They have a great staying power and can be layered up if your complexion is deeper.
I have to say that I wasn't very happy with the packaging because I was expecting the case to me something similar to the Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar Bronze & Glow, but this one is made of plastic, which makes it a lot lighter and travel friendly, but I'm not sure how sturdy it actually is. It's still very nice to look at, especially once you open it and see the beautiful shades inside.
Palette contains 3 shades:
-Luminous Flash: A glowy champagne rose 
-Incandescent Electra: A cool light peach blush (Exclusive to the palette)
-Mood Exposure: A soft plum blush 
If you've ever wanted to try any of the ambient blushes from Hourglass I feel like this is a great (and economical way) to test them out and see how you like them. As mentioned at the begining of the post, this would also make a perfect gift for someone. 
The palette is still available at SpaceNK (Europe, UK) and Sephora (US).

What do you think of this palette? Have you ever tried any Hourglass products before?

2 komentarja:

  1. Ah, tole imam pa že nekaj časa nagledano. Mislim, da si jo bom kmalu morala privoščit :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši