ponedeljek, 29. december 2014

bareMinerals The Magic Act Palette - Review & Swatches

The end of this year is fast approaching and I wanted to share a quick review for one of my favourite purchases from December - The Magic Act Palette by bareMinerals. I've fallen in love with this brand about two years ago, when I first tried their mineral foundation and have pretty much been impressed with anything I've tried from them since. I'm happy to let you know that this palette did not disappoint me either.

The Magic Act Palette is a combination of six eyeshadows, one highlighter and three blushes. It comes in a sturdy cardboard packaging with a magnetic closure which is very compact and doesn't take too much space, making it perfect for carrying around or travelling. There is also a small mirror and two illustrations with suggested looks you can create with the included shades.

Each eyeshadow contains 1.3 g of product, highlighter has 2.8 g and blushes each 3 g. Since I got it I've mainly been using it for creating a neutral eye look I wore to work and I even got some compliments on how nice it looked! I know I own too many neutral eyeshadow palettes, but I feel this one is somewhat *different* because it also contains blushes and a highlighter, which was the main reason for getting it. I always wear eyeshadows over a primer and these had a great staying power until I removed them at the end of the day. There was no creasing or fading with any of the shades after about 10-12 hours of wear. I haven't worn any of the shades yet for a night out, but I fell like this palette would work perfectly for transferring a look from day to night as well.
 Eyeshadows up close:
Celebrate - a light beige, with subtle warm undertone and satiny sheen.
Fortune - a soft, light pink, with a satin-matte finish and a buttery soft texture.
Shazam - a peachy beige, with warm undertone and a frost finish.
A-Ha - a golden bronze, with a frost finish.
Pumped - a medium dark brown, with yellow undertones and golden sparkle.
Foreshadow - a taupe brown with a satin-matte finish.

Highlighter and blushes up close:
The Premiere - peachy beige with golden shimmer and a luminous finish. 
The Close Call - rosy medium brown with a matte finish.
The Natural High - medium peachy pink, with golden shimmer and a frosted finish.
The Indecent Proposal - plummy pink with a satin finish (My favourite in the palette, although it is a bit powdery!).
The shades in the palette work effortlessly together, blend and build beautifully. They all compliment each other really nicely and the selection of shadows and blushes makes carrying just one palette very convenient. This Palette was released as a part of their Christmas collection, so it's a limited edition and has already sold out at Sephora and FeelUnique.
BareMinerals' The Magic Act is available for purchase from Boots (currently on sale!).

2 komentarja:

  1. I also have way too many neutral eyeshadows, but that hasn't stopped me from eyeing this palette - I love the way the colours look on you, too! The pigment looks really great, especially in the eyeshadows. This may be the push I needed to make the purchase ;)
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I would highly recommend getting it. I was eyeing a couple of different Holiday releases and from what I managed to buy & try out already this was definitely a highlight!

      Izbriši