Urban Decay is one of my favourite make up brands and so far I haven't tried anything from them that I didn't like. I LOVE their original Naked palette which was my main eye shadow palette for the longest time, until I finally branched out and got a couple of other things. The Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette was released around this time last year, but I got it a couple of months later and I really like it. It is rose hued, so every eyeshadow is a neutral with a pinkish-rosy undertone.
It includes 12 different shades with ranging finishes, from matte, pearly, shimmery and metallic that come in a tin case. Every palette includes a double ended shadow and blending brush and 4 samples of their amazing Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original, Sin - my favourite eyeshadow primer at the moment!, Eden and Anti-Ageing). All eyeshadows are well pigmented, with the exception of Dust which really seems like glittery dust and doesn't apply well. I love that I can just sweep my brush in the eyeshadow once and pick up all the product I need.
Eyeshadows are creamy, blend well and you can literally create countless combinations with them for work, school or nights out. There are a lot more shimmering colors than mattes but it suits my skin which has a neutral undertone. Unlike their other palettes I've tried I've experienced some fallout here (mainly with shades Dust and Buzz), which can be annoying when you're applying darker shades - it helps if I tap the brush before applying the eyeshadow so some excess product can fall out.
Shade descriptions and swatches:
- Strange: Pale Neutral Pink Matte-Satin
- Dust: Pale Metallic Pink Shimmer with Iridescent Micro-Glitter
- Burnout: Light Pinky-Peach Satin
- Limit: Light Dusty Rose Matte
- Buzz: Metallic Rose Shimmer with Silver Micro-Glitter
- Trick: Light Metallic Pinky-Copper Shimmer with Tonal Micro-Sparkle
- Nooner: Medium Pinky-Brown Matte
- Liar: Medium Metallic Mauve Shimmer
- Factory: Pinky-Brown Satin
- Mugshot: Metallic Taupe Shimmer with Slight Pink Shift
- Darkside: Deep Taupe-Mauve Satin
- Blackheart: Smoky Black Matte with Rosy Red Micro-Sparkle
If you're deciding between this one and the other two Naked Palettes I'd say it's still better to buy the first one, because rose hued eyeshadows might not be suitable for all skin tones - it's best if you can check it out in person and decide when you see it there. But if you already own the first one (or two) this can be a great addition to your collection. I would also consider it a great gift for the up coming holiday season.