torek, 11. november 2014

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Review

Another staple item that belongs in everyone's makeup bag is an (black) eyeliner. For the longest time I wasn't a fan of liquid eyeliners but seeing Miss Glamorazzi on Youtube rave about the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in a couple of her videos I decided to give it another go. My everyday make-up look is usually a soft smokey eye using neutral shades so it took me a while to start including this in my routine.

My skin is oily and my eyelids are not an exception. Using eyeshadows without a primer is a big no-no and the same goes for this eyeliner. Currently I'm using an eye primer from Urban Decay in the shade Sin, which is a perfect shimmery champagne color that can actually be worn without adding any other eyeshadows but looks great with some eyeliner and mascara. When applied over primer this eyeliner stays put for over 12 hours and looks as great as it did when I first applied it in the morning. Because it's waterproof I usually remove it with Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution which does the job perfectly.
Like you can see from the photos I've been using it in the shade Black which is very well pigmented. Considering being so inexperienced with using eyeliner in the past this is a great and easy to use product. Surely you will need some practice to perfect a straight line, but it didn't take me more that a couple of tries to learn that. It glides on with ease and has a felt tip applicator that is great for controlling thiner or bolder eyeliner looks.
It is also great for switching a daily makeup look for a night out - you just draw a (bolder) line over your usual look and you're good to go! The formula is true black and there is a slight shine left once it dries (which some don't like). I've also used it to tight-line and it did ok - the staying power wasn't as long lasting but it still made the roots of the lashes appear thicker.
I know there are a lot more shades available other than black - have you tried any of them?

The eyeliner is available for purchase here (USA) or here (Europe/UK).

1 komentar:

  1. I have the black version of this too and I love it! It stays in place so well for me!

    XO, Erica

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši