ponedeljek, 17. november 2014

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm Review

Lip balm is one of the few products I always keep within arms reach. My lips get dry easily and whenever the weather gets colder they also get badly chapped. For the longest time I was only using Labello lip balms (they are still one of my favourite brands) since they were available in every store around and are such an iconic product.
Let's rewind to a couple of months ago when I first tried the Caudalie Lip Conditioner (review here) and fell completely in love with it and then because of all the hype also decided to get the Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm.
If you have extremely problematic, dry, chapped, cracked lips this balm will be great for you. It has a very heavy, solid texture and goes on as a pretty thick layer when applied on the lips. Unlike other lip balms that I've tried this one leaves a matte finish on the lips and feels a bit gluey but you get used to it quickly. It feels very moisturizing, nourishing and luxurious on the lips, and the citrusy-honey fragrance is divine!
At first I was using it at day time but I found it to be too heavy, so I decided to apply it overnight and my lips next morning were surprisingly softer and much smoother. I know some people might have an issue with a balm that is not in a tube or a stick, because you have to use your finger to apply it, but I always make sure I carry a hand sanitizer or wipes with me, so that's not an issue (but they also make this in a stick version so that can't stop you from trying it out;)).
Let me know about any lip balm recommendations you have or thoughts and experiences with this one.

The Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm is available for £9.50 from FeelUnique here (I recommend getting this gift set which also includes their amazing Reve de Miel Hand Cream).

7 komentarjev:

  1. Zagotovo eden boljših balzamov za ustnice!
    www.ajdas.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I can't live without this stuff. It's the best.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. This sounds perfect to use overnight as you do, I could really need it! Thanks for the review and recommendation. I've been loving EOS lip balm lately, it's so hydrating and have amazing flavors :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I also like to apply it first thing in the morning as I'm getting ready, because it does a great job at nourishing the lips and makes them perfect for lipstick application. Besides this I'm also currently using the Yes to Carrots lip butter. Thanks for the EOS lip balm recommendation, I'll check it out!

      Izbriši
  4. Ohh I love your blog :) It is so in touch with me, I feel.
    But to be honest I tried this product and I don't find it much different from Medex Elanosol :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Medexovega izdelka še nisem preizkusila, ampak bom definitivno preverila, ker je gotovo cenovno precej ugodnejši :)

      Izbriši