petek, 28. november 2014

Dior - '796' Cuir Cannage Eyeshadow Palette

This Cuir Cannage Eyeshadow Palette is my first ever make up item purchased from Dior so I'm super excited to share my thoughts about it. I've used a perfume from them before, but was somehow never drawn to their make up line. This very quickly changed when I saw this beauty! Like Chanel, Dior also reinvented the formulation for their iconic 5 Couleurs and this palette features a mix of different textures and finishes.


The packaging is thin and sleek. The palette features two small applicators and one even has a brush at the end that you can use on the go and for touch ups. There are five wearable colors ranging in finishes from matte, to satin, shimmer and iridescent. Somewhat similar to this is another palette from the line, Montaigne, which has much lighter shades.


Top left: Deep plummy brown with a satin finish (this shade is so beautiful!)
Top right: Light ivory beige with a satin/shimmery finish. This shade is the lightest in the palette and perfect as a highlighter for the inner corner of the eye or the brow bone.
Bottom right: Deep blackened brown with cool undertones and a satin finish. A perfect shade for creating drama or lining.
Bottom left: Metallic copper that contains some shimmer, but it is not over the top.
Center: Warm medium brown with a matte finish that can be used to create depth as well as blending the edges out.

Dior suggests using the top three shades for natural daytime looks and the bottom three for dramatic nighttime ones. I find this palette a perfect match for me. While you can easily achieve a dark look, it also works great for daytime and work appropriate make up look. As you're reading this I'm on my way to Vienna for a very special event and this is the eyeshadow palette I decided to bring with me (I'll be publishing a post soon of what else I'll be packing and bringing with me.) If I had to decide between the Chanel Quadra I reviewed earlier this week and this one I'd have a really hard time keeping just one, but this one is definitely more versatile, because it contains more shadows with different finishes.
I'm starting to repeat myself now, but this would also make a perfect, luxurious and classy gift. You can choose from a variety of different color combinations and order it online from FeelUnique, Selfridges, Macy's or Nordstrom.
V Sloveniji navoljo v Maxiju, Nami in prodajalnah Muller ali preko spleta na FeelUnique (brezplačna poštnina nad 15€).

6 komentarjev: