sreda, 26. november 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow - Review & Swatches

Let's continue with the reviews for this epic week like I promised on Monday. Charlotte Tilbury is a well known make-up artist, who created her own luxury make-up line last year, but it became more widely available around the world in the last few months. I purchased it this palette back in August and I don't really know why it took me so long to feature it on the blog because I absolutely love it!
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow is a compact featuring a bronzer and highlighter. A very simple combination, but the fact that the packaging is so stunning and compact makes it very special and almost too pretty to use.  It looks reminiscent of a cigarette case from the 1930s, it's sleek and light in a gorgeous rose gold tone.
The texture of both powders is soft, silky and finely-milled. The palette contains 16 grams of product which is quite a lot and makes it a better value than other similar products in the range. I find that having both bronzer and highlighter in one single palette is convenient and especially good for travelling.


The bronzer is perfect for giving the skin a sun-kissed look, without an ashy undertone or even worse making it look orange or yellow. It is a medium brown color, with neutral to subtle warm undertones. It contains a slight amount of micro shimmer which makes the skin have a healthy glowy look. It has a great color payoff and applies and blends easily.
The highlighter is one of the best I've ever tried and makes the complexion seem luminous without emphasizing the pores or looking unnatural. It is a champagne beige color that blends into a glowing finish and reflects the light in a beautiful way, without looking that you're wearing something too obvious. Like the bronzer it's also silky and blendable with a long staying power (around 9-10 hours). Both products work great on my fair skin and I imagine this would be the case with all light and medium skin tones. 

I can't recommend this palette highly enough! Like the Chanel Quadra from the last post I would also recommend this as a gift for/from someone special (send a link to this post to your friend or significant other as a hint) or yourself if you feel like splurging.
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Palette is available at Net-a-porter, Selfridges and Charlotte Tilbury.
If you're looking for a similar product (not a dupe unfortunately) but with a lot more affordable price tag I would recommend getting the Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder Duo.

2 komentarja:

  1. So beautiful and I want it so bad but I just can't justify the high price tag. I will be adding it on my Christmas list in the hope that someone will get it for me x

    Beauty with charm

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Charlotte Tilbury packaging is so gorgeous! This looks like an amazing product x

    OdgovoriIzbriši