sreda, 01. oktober 2014

September Favorites


Wow, where is this year going? September has seriously flown by in a blink of an eye and we're getting closer and closer to winter and new year. Since it's October already it's time to share some of my monthly favorites with you again.

I've been keeping my make up very simple. In the spring I got the Bourjois CC cream (shade Ivory) and it has been my go to 'foundation' ever since. It's coverage is surprising and love the way it feels on my skin. The application is simple I usually just use my fingers or use a Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques. I love the fact that it's not too yellow or too dark for my light/fair skin and that it adapts to your skin tone.
I've also been keeping my eyeshadow routine pretty simple and using different combinations of eyeshadows from the Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette. My favorite shades are Naked 2 for all over the lid, Faint to give my eye some definition and Venus to highlight my inner corner and brow bone. This palette is lovely and so convenient to use.
On my nails I've been loving Essie's Chinchilly polish which is a great grey-ish transitional shade for this time when it's not fall yet exactly and summer isn't over yet really (judging from the current weather situation here). I apply two coats and set it with a top coat (I'm currently using the 'Nail Nurse' one by Rimmel).
I think I could feature Bioderma's Sensibio Micellar Water each month because it's really been a staple in my make-up removal routine for well over a year now and it really removes everything with ease and is suitable even for the most sensitive skin.
My favourite shower gel at the moment is the Japanese Rose by Korres. I love the scent and how soft my skin feels after using it.
I've posted a review for the Mixa moisturiser (read it HERE) and to be honest I haven't been using anything else since I first got it, i love it so much. I'm currently on my 4th tube!
September usually means that the air starts cooling down which has a negative and drying effect for my skin. I've been using the Reve de Miel hand cream from Nuxe (ON SALE at the moment!) which has been a perfect solution. I love the smell, texture and the fact that it nourishes and hydrates the skin without leaving it greasy.
My favourite brush this month has been the Blush Brush from Real Techniques, but I've actually been using it for powder and I love the natural finish it gives.
One of the promises I keep making to myself is to read more. And I think September was pretty successful in that area. I'd like to recommend two books - Add Toner by Aaron Cometbus (I especially loved the 'Lanky' story featured inside this collection of some past issues of his zine Cometbus) and Manon Lescaut by Abbe Prevost (a love story with a surprisingly current theme even if it was written in the 18th century).
I also watch A LOT of TV shows and this month I was loving the last season of The Killing (solving mystery murders) and Parenthood (about an extended family living in Berkeley, California - which was actually the reason why I started watching it).
Pretty much everyone uses a smartphone or a tablet nowadays and I also wanted to recommend a great app designed especially for girls and women for tracing our monthly cycle called Clue.

Ok, this post turned out a bit longer that I was planning so I'm going to end it here. Let me know in the comments below what are some of your favourites from September (make up / skincare / books / apps, etc.).

3 komentarji:

  1. I need that Nuxe hand cream! The fact that it's on sale is even better, great post x

    lamourjosie.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Essie nailpolishes have such nice colours. Great post.

    LEJA

    OdgovoriIzbriši