četrtek, 18. september 2014

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in 'Corail Intuitive' Review

The autumn is fast approaching and with it endless new products from many brands will be arriving to the stores soon. But for this week I decided to talk about a couple classic products - like the Urban Decay Naked palette I wrote about earlier this week. Another one is definitely a sheer pinky coral lipstick which some would only consider wearing in the spring or summer, but it can actually work even better in this time to freshen up the look and make it seem less heavy - and the Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in 'Corail Intuitive' (number 15) by YSL does just that!
First of all let me mention that I never saw myself spending that much money on a lipstick, but after trying (& falling in love) with the YSL False Lash Effect Volume mascara and reading some other reviews I kind of got dragged in - but I'm sure you all know how that goes, right?
The Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick by YSL is a line of sheer lipsticks with added hyaluronic acid microspheres to help seal in moisture promising 8 hours of hydration. They provide a nice luminous shine and help condition and soften lips. It almost works like a gloss and has a very smooth application and a great finish. One of my favourite things about it is also the fruity scent that keeps reminding me of summer but if you don't like scented products this might not be the one for you. Since the product is sheer I think this color should work well with a lot of different skin tones.
The formula of the lipstick is smooth, not sticky or thick feeling and there's a subtle shimmer for even the most conservative person and it's a very wearable shade for everyday. In my experience it doesn't stay on my lips for 8 hours, but it does leave them slightly tinted even when the shine starts to disappear after 4 or 5 hours. One great tip before applying is to exfoliate your lips because it can pick up if they're dry and flaky. 

These are available in 16 different shades from Sephora (USA) and FeelUnique (Worldwide).

Have you tried it yet? What's your favourite lipstick brand and shade for everyday?

2 komentarja:

  1. Love the color of this lipstick. Great review. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Amazing color, it looks gorgeous!!
    XOXO Nati
    http://artdicted2.blogspot.de/

    OdgovoriIzbriši