ponedeljek, 11. avgust 2014

Real Techniques Eyes Starter Kit Brushes Review

The Real Techniques Starter Kit for the eyes includes 5 brushes and a case for storing which also comes in handy when traveling. I've been using this set for more than six months now so I thought it was about time I did a little post about it. 

Included brushes are the following:

- base shadow brush which applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour,
- deluxe crease brush that has a soft, oversized design for effortless contouring,
- accent brush designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging,
- pixel-point eyeliner brush has a tapered cut and is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application,
- brow brush used for defining eyebrows.
They are made from hand cut synthetic taklon bristles and have aluminium handles. They are soft and gentle on the eye and the bristles don't fall out. 

1) The deluxe crease brush is great but I find it too big and imprecise to use in the crease. I sometimes use it to blend out the edges and to highlight my brow bone, but I actually like it better for blending out concealers and liquid/cream contours than I do to actually use in the crease. And it does a great job at that!
2) The base shadow brush is a great multi-purpose brush for applying shadows while simultaneously blending them. This one is my favourite from the set and I wish it was sold separately so I could buy more of them.
3) The pixel point eyeliner brush is the brush I reach for the least. I tried using this for eyeliner but it is too flexible and imprecise (simply put it's too big and makes the make up look sloppy). 
4) The accent brush is great for small precision work such as work on the outer or inner corner of the eyes and highlighting. I also use it to apply eyeshadow as eyeliner.
5) I don't really do anything with my eyebrows (Oh, the horror!) so I don't find the last brush too useful, but I've used it in the past as an angled brushed to apply eyeshadow as somewhat winged eyeliner. For this purpose it has the same problem as the pixel point brush, but otherwise it should work well with it's intended purpose.

 I think this is a great starter kit if you're just getting started with exploring the magic of applying eye make-up and I think the brushes do their job very well for the price. If you already have a ton of other brushes you might want to skip this, but otherwise I think I made a great investment when I decided to get them.
The Real Techniques Eyes Starter Kit Brush Collection is available here and you can find other brushes from their collections here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar